Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I noticed my CX3 AWD will show empty and 0 range at 10 gallons consumed. That leaves 1.9 gallons or about 60 miles of range in the tank, which is overly conservative.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? Is this adjustable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
we are onto our 3rd tank in the 1.5L diesel and the dash said we had 50klm before empty with the last 2 bars showing on the fuel gauge, when filling the tank i could only fit 37.5L with the tank being 44L there was still a fairly good range in the tank.

50/50 freeway driving and traffic
601klm/37.5L 6.2L per 100K

·
Registered
70 Posts
60km on 0 range is fine by me! I know the tank is small but still, I've driven on 0km left on my previous vehicle a few times and I was sweating bullets every time. I guess I'd rather not know exactly otherwise I'd end up counting on this and end up out of gas for real :D

- Ben

·
Registered
195 Posts
60km on 0 range is fine by me! I know the tank is small but still, I've driven on 0km left on my previous vehicle a few times and I was sweating bullets every time. I guess I'd rather not know exactly otherwise I'd end up counting on this and end up out of gas for real :D

- Ben
I used to do this too when the gas was more expensive. Maybe if I wait a few day's the price will go down and I can fill up my almost empty tank.

Don't do that anymore because it's not worth pushing my car to the gas station if I ever really run out. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
doing that often is bad for your fuel pump since it will suck in air with nothing to lubricate it and in the end burn up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does the indicator suddenly drop to empty after 10 gallons? Maybe once it drops below a certain point the fuel sensor in the tank isn't registering the remaining fuel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Does the indicator suddenly drop to empty after 10 gallons? Maybe once it drops below a certain point the fuel sensor in the tank isn't registering the remaining fuel.
That might be something to have the dealership look into, if the floater or what ever they call it is not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's a linear decline to empty. CX3 just reports empty way too early. Personally I minimize my trips to the gas station. Rather be on the road and getting places, not filling up when I don't need to.

Oh and it's 60 miles, or 100km of range after 'empty' assuming 30mpg. I don't advocate pushing too close to real empty but 60 miles is a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts