Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll! I've been having some issues at the pump. Consistently, when I go to fill up the pump automatically shuts off after a few seconds. This happens across all ranges of fuel levels and even last night when I went to fill up (started at 1/16 of a tank) it cut out at .5 gallons and I had to fight it all the way up to 1/2 tank then it wouldn't go any more. Anyone else having issues like this/know what to do? I can't seem to fill up my car!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have you tried using different gas stations? or spoke with the gas attendant? This is the first I've heard of this kind of issue which is very strange. Currently there is no fuel pipe issue related to the CX 3 that I have heard from.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the same problem but only at one gas station.
Few weeks ago they replaced the pumps with new ones and the problem went away.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I get it on mine here in the U.K. I found it helps to hold the nozzle slightly rotated so that the pipe is to the rear of the car rather than vertical. Also, I can't pull the nozzle trigger fully back as that causes the fuel to flow too quickly into the narrow filler neck and the back pressure causes the pump to switch off. So I've found its quite a slow process to fill from empty :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts