Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do quite frankly 50/50 mixed, and depletes at ~420kms with 1 tiny bar left on fuel meter yellow light on. To think it could somehow squeeze 180 kms more is beyond me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation @Zechariah936 - I picked up a 500 ml bottle of Rislone Gas Complete Fuel System Treatment from my local Canadian Tire store, for about $15 and put the full bottle in the car's gas tank (which was also full). I was not able to go on a long trip to burn all the gas in one day, and probably took two weeks before I filled up again. No problems using this product and I think it did help the engine run a little smoother, but it already runs smooths so hard to notice. The Rislone product recommends that it be used every 8,000 km which I think I will start to follow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation @Zechariah936 - I picked up a 500 ml bottle of Rislone Gas Complete Fuel System Treatment from my local Canadian Tire store, for about $15 and put the full bottle in the car's gas tank (which was also full). I was not able to go on a long trip to burn all the gas in one day, and probably took two weeks before I filled up again. No problems using this product and I think it did help the engine run a little smoother, but it already runs smooths so hard to notice. The Rislone product recommends that it be used every 8,000 km which I think I will start to follow.
No problem :)
Agree with you, the cx-3 engine already is smooth and efficient. That's why I usually only use the treatment annually.
As for the long drive, it's not really a requirement, I just prefer to do that (science of thermodynamics) hottest the engine will get due to the distance of the trip.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts