Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seattle is similar to San Francisco.
I absolutely agree! And I feel it's more than just the hills that we have in common -- the weather is pretty similar and I think the "feel" of both cities is very alike, as well. I love Seattle and try to visit at least once a year. Maybe on my next trip up I'll have to drop by to say hi and hit you up for a ride if I start pining for my CX-3 while I'm gone. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new 2017 CX-3 GT AWD, and when I fill up my tank it only says 280 Miles range for distance on a tank. My 2013 MazdaSpeed 3 Reads 420 mile range on a full tank. Do the CX-3's just have a small tank?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought a new 2017 CX-3 GT AWD, and when I fill up my tank it only says 280 Miles range for distance on a tank. My 2013 MazdaSpeed 3 Reads 420 mile range on a full tank. Do the CX-3's just have a small tank?
We have a 2016 GT with AWD and now that it is broken in we get up to 34 MPG on the freeway! This translates to nearly 400 mile range. So yes, it is a tiny tank but your range should improve with miles...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Deep Crystal Blue 2016 Grand Touring AWD. My mileage improved dramatically after 8000 miles on the odometer, and after replacing the stock air filter with a Corksport Power Series Short Ram Intake.

I live in Iowa so most of my driving is highway with cruise control on with not many steep hills. Here the 10% Ethanol blend gasoline is ridiculously stupid cheap because this is where most of the Ethanol is made for the rest of the country, so that is what I use.

Driving to and from work I get an overall average of 29.7mpg. Before the air filter change I was averaging closer to 26mpg. Sometimes I get as high as 37mpg on long 3 hour highway drives to Illinois with cruise control on. My mileage drops quite a bit when city driving to around 22mpg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I changed my manual to an automatic in the end of November 2016. The automatic was a used one with around 15000 km on the clock. I've added around 5000km and average fuel consumption has been little lower than Mazda reports, 38,1 US MPG.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Deep Crystal Blue 2016 Grand Touring AWD. My mileage improved dramatically after 8000 miles on the odometer, and after replacing the stock air filter with a Corksport Power Series Short Ram Intake.

I live in Iowa so most of my driving is highway with cruise control on with not many steep hills. Here the 10% Ethanol blend gasoline is ridiculously stupid cheap because this is where most of the Ethanol is made for the rest of the country, so that is what I use.

Driving to and from work I get an overall average of 29.7mpg. Before the air filter change I was averaging closer to 26mpg. Sometimes I get as high as 37mpg on long 3 hour highway drives to Illinois with cruise control on. My mileage drops quite a bit when city driving to around 22mpg.
Remember, CAFE fuel economy numbers are calculated using DOT standardized 100 octane test fuel..to ensure 100% repeatablility across all makes, models, and manufacturers. When you use 'real world' 87 octane 10% ethanol blend, you mileage WILL BE much less (as many have experienced). Best mileage you will get is by using non-ethanol 100% gas. Try that (if you can find it) and report back.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My daughter bought a 2017 Touring with FWD and now has 10K on it. On highway she is getting close to 38 MPG. This is why she went with FWD instead of AWD, she drives a lot of miles...

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got 24k miles on mine now and its been great on fuel. I have a 40 mile trip to work each way which cosists of 80% highway and 20% city and here are some of my MPG pics for those drives.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm a few tanks into my time with the AWD version. So far my overall calculated average is 32.8.

This is mostly on back roads with very limited highway driving. I actually find my average drops on the highway.

Looking forward to seeing how well it does in the summer heat when it's broken in more.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I've noticed that fuel efficiency declines rapidly above 65 mph.

One highway trip going the speed limit of 70 mph into a sustained 20+ mph wind (effective 90+ mph to the wind) I only managed 25 mpg.

Normally, I get about 35 mpg going to work in light highway traffic and 27-ish coming home in heavy highway gridlock or surface streets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
(For all the metric people), I am finding the same. 70-80 km/h seems to be the sweet spot. Getting less than 7 L/100km. At highway speeds 100-110 km/h get a little worse economy; around 7.8 L/100 km.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm into the 1200 mile mark on the odometer so it's running in well and the average is going up all the time (2.0l petrol AWD). It managed 43.9 mpg on my last long trip which included a mix of motorway, dual carriageway and single carriageway A roads, quite an impressive figure as it equaled the best I got in my previous diesel RAV4.

Around town and for shorter trips I'm getting around 41 mpg, which is also pretty good compared with the figures I see quoted here, especially as I don't hang about! These are calculated from the actual mileage and quantity of fuel, not the trip computer, though that seems to show very similar figures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2.0 AWD Auto... 87 octane petrol

Mostly highway driving with no more than 5mph over speed limit in Illinois: 32MPG (Full tank of driving)

Mostly city driving OR aggressive highway driving (high speed): 26MPG (Full tank of driving)

This is very consistent over the 1yr of ownership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SO spent the week with my new Touring AWD. Pulling out from the Dealer with 9 miles on the ODO, MPG average was at 20. After 200 miles of mixed city driving, this AM the average had increaseed to 26.1. Is there a way to reset the average MPG so it starts recalcuating from a new baseline? I see I don't have a trip ODO function (unless its hidden in the settings software that I haven't explored as of yet). Also, we run an ethanol blend here (up to 10% ethanol) so that in and of itself will lower MPG. I can get non-ethanol blend at about $.60 a gal more. I might try a tank or two of that to see if I get the 8-10% better gas mileage than the ethanol blend. So far, much better than commuting in my 10 MPG Dodge truck!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is there a way to reset the average MPG so it starts recalcuating from a new baseline? I see I don't have a trip ODO function (unless its hidden in the settings software that I haven't explored as of yet). Also, we run an ethanol blend here (up to 10% ethanol) so that in and of itself will lower MPG. I can get non-ethanol blend at about $.60 a gal more. I might try a tank or two of that to see if I get the 8-10% better gas mileage than the ethanol blend. So far, much better than commuting in my 10 MPG Dodge truck!!
You can reset the Average MPG in several ways...

1) From the fuel economy monitor screen
2) Press and hold the info button on your steering wheel. (this resets the data on the right side of your tachometer area)
3) If you link your trip A to the fuel economy monitor screen you can reset the average by resetting the trip A mileage (Press and hold the stalk on the dash)

I think you'll find your mileage will improve even further once you reset things. I consistently get well over 30 MPG with limited highway driving in my AWD touring.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts