Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the front and rear bumper trim pieces on my wife's CX-3. I think it looks nice especially since the GT has similar trim on the door panels. They were fairly easy to install with 3M double-sided tape and fasteners. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
That looks great! It's on my short list of accessories. I've had little info on them before. Sounds like the install was easy? Do they feel secure in place? Did you buy at your local dealer or an online accessories store?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I will definitely get those as soon as I recover from all the money I've spent on other toys.

Reactions: Kalibr

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great! It's on my short list of accessories. I've had little info on them before. Sounds like the install was easy? Do they feel secure in place? Did you buy at your local dealer or an online accessories store?
They're OEM parts so the fit and finish is as expected. The installed trim pieces feel very secure. You do have to drill 5mm holes (4 in the front and 5 in the rear) under each bumper to secure the trim piece in place with the fasteners.

I can post the installation instructions if anyone is interested.

I was not having any luck finding the parts locally, so I purchased them online from Import Parts Now in Overland Park, Kansas. The parts were in stock and I received them 4 days after placing the order. Best of all, they were actually cheaper than the dealerships.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Yes please, we LOVE fitting instructions.

Do you mind me asking how much they were?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed the front and rear bumper trim pieces on my wife's CX-3. I think it looks nice especially since the GT has similar trim on the door panels. They were fairly easy to install with 3M double-sided tape and fasteners. Let me know what you guys think.
It looks great! thinking of having them installed on mine too.
Are the bumper trim pieces only for aestethics or are they also meant as some sort of protection?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
They are styled on true metal skid plates which offered some underrun protection to off road vehicles. They might add a little more protection to the plastic bumper but they will easily get hooked up too.

I like them and will almost certainly get them.

Thanks for the instructions Kalibr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are styled on true metal skid plates which offered some underrun protection to off road vehicles. They might add a little more protection to the plastic bumper but they will easily get hooked up too.

I like them and will almost certainly get them.

Thanks for the instructions Kalibr.

thanks for the information anchorman!
I guess I'll never get off road...might be just interesting to have them installed as protection (snow etc)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Weird, how did you search for 2016 parts? It only goes up to 2015? Or do I just call the guy up and find out. Thanks!!
Sorry I should have mentioned, you need to search by the part numbers below;
FRONT BUMPER TRIM DD2F-V3-890A
REAR BUMPER TRIM DD2F-V3-900A

1 - 19 of 19 Posts