Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has rear parking sensors, but I would also like to have front parking sensors.
In Mazda accessories directory there is part number: C860-V7-285 (parking sensor kit front/back).
Rear sensors are activated when you select reverse, but what activates the front sensors?
Is there anyone who has installed the front sensors on your own?
Mazda original sensor package with mounting on the workshop becomes quite expensive when compared to various OEM packages.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I could find this on mazda.com.au - but that seems to be another part number that you are referring to:
Part number
DK11ACPAS+++

Accessory Details

Auto activation

The system is activated automatically upon ignition and low speeds. This means the user friendly system is already activated when the driver requires it.

Auto de-activation

The front sensors are de-activated automatically when the vehicle reaches speeds of over 10 km per hour, when the vehicle is in park or when the handbrake is engaged. This means the system only detects objects when required and the driver is never annoyed by tones whilst parked.

Operation of the reverse parking system is automatically deactivated when towing using a Mazda Genuine trailer wiring harness.

·
Registered
872 Posts
^^That sounds like a great system. My last car front and rear were activated by going into reverse and briefly thereafter while in drive (I assume it thought you were in the process of parking)

I drive into a tight garage and would love auto on front sensors. If anyone knows the process for the US models, I'd love to hear it as its difficult for me to gauge where the front ends.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The US accessories page is not letting me in, so i cannot see what you can get in US.

Mazda USA | Shopping Tools

You have the part number in my post above, so just contact your dealer! and see what they can deliver in US.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing where the switch mounts to activate/deactivate the front parking sensors

Part number
DK11ACPSF+++

I hope it is just added to the switches panel where things like iStop are.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing where the switch mounts to activate/deactivate the front parking sensors

Part number
DK11ACPSF+++

I hope it is just added to the switches panel where things like iStop are.
From what I gather from the Mazda Australia website is that the system is fully automated on/off function when in reverse and shuts off above 10km per hour forward acceleration with no reference to an actual button unless there is a hidden on/off button through MZD Connect. I found these videos and accessory information links below which I am sure you have already seen.

Mazda Australia fitted price is a bit extreme at $1344 which is more than the Smart City Break Support, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert if you got that option at time of purchase at $1030 - $1060.

Anyone know why Mazda are charging so much for these front sensors? I am guessing it has more to do with the labour involved rather than the cost of the parts if there is no pre-wiring in the existing CX3

Accessory Details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2Of6low6Y

·
Registered
220 Posts
There seems to be 2 options listed on the Australian site.

One for $599 fitted that works like the rears, with audible sound only and one for over $1300 that integrate into the reverse display with audible and visual indicators.

I know a few people have described the simple model on this and the U.K. Site so hopefully someone will know where the switch mounts etc.

BTW -we seem to have the CX3 at a reasonable price when you compar country prices but as for accessories, we pay a high premium for extras.

When I ordered the under hood insulation mat they wanted almost $10 for each of the small push in clips to hold it to hood. Same item at local auto shop was $10 for half a dozen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes the CX3 is somewhat reasonably priced for the mid to lower range models in Australia but assesories is where they recover their money. The integrated visual parking sensors just seem over priced but I would still really like to get them if they knocked the price down to under $1000. Obviously there is a reason for charging so much for them, Is it to deter CX3 owners from requesting this product or a plain money grab from Mazda? Apart from the official Mazda info I have yet to come across someone that has the fully integrated visual/audio r/f parking sensors on this forum or any YouTube reviews.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Agree, it is the same i Sweden, way too expensive. Therefore I started this thread
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/5194-electromagnetic-parking-sensors.html.
What du you think, is it a stupid idea to install something not original on a new car?
They seem like an interesting option and no holes to drill.

Not sure I would get them though as I want the fronts to integrate similarly to the rears I already have.

But if I was starting from scratch it would be worth considering

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my CX3 yesterday and had audio-only front sensors fitted by the dealer before I picked it up. They were $630 installed which I thought was a bit expensive but I have a fairly tight parking garage as well so decided they'd be worth it. I haven't had time yet to fiddle around with settings but I think there are a few different options for how loud you want them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow.. $600+ just for front sensors... I might just purchase the parking dynamic set and install it myself in the summer. I really do want something for the front. Just last week I accidentally, albeit lightly, bumped a vehicles' hitch. It was so low to the ground that I couldn't see it in my periphery. Front parking sensors would be so helpful with identifying it and alerting me to stomp on the breaks. In my opinion the rear camera does a perfect job at telling me how close I am to an object (I've never had a rear monitoring system in any of my previous cars so having a rear camera has exceeded my satisfaction).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello.
does anyone have the installation and operating instructions for the C860-v7-285.
or a download link.
I will want to know how to program / configure the system.
I know it's possible by holding the button on / off and pressing 2 times on contact and waiting 10 sec then release after the beep.... after I do not know ...

thank you

·
Registered
226 Posts
^^That sounds like a great system. My last car front and rear were activated by going into reverse and briefly thereafter while in drive (I assume it thought you were in the process of parking)

I drive into a tight garage and would love auto on front sensors. If anyone knows the process for the US models, I'd love to hear it as its difficult for me to gauge where the front ends.
I had the Mazda UK dealer supplied front sensors fitted when purchasing my new CX-3. They work fine in normal parking circumstances, but as the two outer sensors are fitted on the angled front wing area rather than facing forward they are triggered as soon as the cars enters my tight garage. Thus the front sensors are useless for helping me to judge the distance to the back wall of the garage and I use the old brick method in front of the wheel at the position I want to stop. It is a shame the on/off switch on the lower dash doesn't have a middle position which turns off just the outer sensors in such situations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI
Last news for C860-V7-288A radar parking module (CX3-2017-France)

Radar system (ON/OFF) programming according to vehicule speed :

Cabling :

Module C860-V7-288A connector
Pin 1 => Speed control Line
Pin 2 => Ground
Pin 3 => Sensor Buton
Pin 4 => 12V (After ignition)
Pin 5 => NC
Pin 6 => NC
Pin 7 => NC
Pin 8 => Rear line

Programing : see "Prog radars EN.pdf"