Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone tell me how to remove the front door panels from a CX3 Sky active 1.5D Sport 2015 5dr? There is a screw behind the door leaver small panel as per the previous generation Mazda 2 but there is no screw in the door pull recess. My guess is there is screw under the door switches panel but that looks a little tricky [and fragile] to lever out.

Can anyone help please?

Pevans

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm on vacation in Orlando for a spell so no chance of me getting it off my computer but I'm sure I pinned the instructions to a post on door speakers. Can any of you sleuths find it?

Edit. Just looked through all my attachments and it isn't there. i would have thought it fairly typical as far as door panels go though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

The problem area is step 2:

'' 2. Remove the power window main switch (driver-seat) or the power window subswitch (front passenger-seat).
(See POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.) (See POWER WINDOW SUBSWITCH
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)''

Clearly there is a screw under there as I suspected but levering it off looks tricky as it is fragile [I have tried without success]. Do you have that part of the manual - referred to above - it should tell me exactly where the release tabs are.

Regards,

Pevans

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
perhaps JPA or Snoogie can help.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks,

The problem area is step 2:

'' 2. Remove the power window main switch (driver-seat) or the power window subswitch (front passenger-seat).
(See POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.) (See POWER WINDOW SUBSWITCH
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)''

Clearly there is a screw under there as I suspected but levering it off looks tricky as it is fragile [I have tried without success]. Do you have that part of the manual - referred to above - it should tell me exactly where the release tabs are.

Regards,

Pevans
You just need to be brave;) It has about 10 tabs.
I started prying it from the front side. Rear was little difficult.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hers the one for the door card but curiously not got one for the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
You just need to be brave;) It has about 10 tabs.
I started prying it from the front side. Rear was little difficult.
Well, I couldn't get the drivers side window switch panel of.
Have to try again tomorrow.:(.

I'm updating the speakers. I got the passenger side done today.
This is how it looks behind the door panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got the drivers side done yesterday. Window switch panel was a pita to get of.
I think you could lift the whole car from the switch panel. It certainly will not come away by accident.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts