Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, would anyone know how to remove the chrome trim on the front bumper ( the one that is u shaped)?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hey everyone, would anyone know how to remove the chrome trim on the front bumper ( the one that is u shaped)?
The chrome around the grille, or are your referring to the bottom, horizontal lip of the bumper?

'Course there's always a picture and an arrow :--)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
If you are thinking there is a bumper the same shape under the chrome you are going to be very disappointed. You’ll need the bumper off.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you are thinking there is a bumper the same shape under the chrome you are going to be very disappointed. You’ll need the bumper off.
From the Front Bumper.pdf, paraphrasing the warning following Step 13 ...
"When disengaging the front bumper ... the bumper could fall and be damaged."

Q: Is a bumper that cannot be bumped really a bumper?
A: No, it's a fender.
Q: But I thought a fender was a wing.
;)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
From the Front Bumper.pdf, paraphrasing the warning following Step 13 ...
"When disengaging the front bumper ... the bumper could fall and be damaged."

Q: Is a bumper that cannot be bumped really a bumper?
A: No, it's a fender.
Q: But I thought a fender was a wing.
;)
It’s a strange thing but if you read the US version of the manual, they have actually changed the terminology so bumper becomes fender etc. And yes! I suppose bumpers are incorrectly named these days. If I caught anybody parking by the contact method with my car they would find themselves subject to some colourful universally understood language - even a Clingon would be in no doubt.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
This is the official version but you might get more parts off once you start.

Attachments

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
745 Posts
I plasti dipped my whole front grill, rims and rear emblems. I'm going to tint my windows next. First time ever using plasti dip and it turned out really well. Word of warning the front rims [brake] dust destroys the plasti dip on the inside of the spokes.
Stealth ... Mind the Moose! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts