Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Moving from SC to Oahu, HI in May 16...and this CX-3 is perfect for that lifestyle....at least I'm hoping. HA

Just need to figure out how wide I can go with any new 18" wheels ... 7- 7.5 - 8" ? What offset range can I go with?

Out with the "old":

In with the new: (pick up on Mon 12 Oct)

First mods will be immediately tinting, and tires and 18" wheels. Just need to figure out how wide I can go with any new wheels. 7- 7.5 - 8" ? What offset range can I go with?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haven't tried any yet, still running the OEM 18" wheels.
If I'm looking at my last car, a mazdaspeed3, I went from 7.5" wide with 52.5 offset to 8" wide on 40 offset.
I needed to roll my fenders a little bit but I was dropped. I guess you could be safe with a 8" 40ET, but it is pure speculations.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New wheels and tires...much better now

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you feeling with the new CX-3? Do you miss your old Camaro or do you like the new car better?
Still need to sell the Camaro, so still have access to it. Its a beast so it's rough getting in the CX3, but I love the CX3 for other reasons that the Camaro just can't help with. No car is perfect for everything but I love it so far:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you not like the 18"GT wheels? I wanted to get a touring and then upgrade the wheels but it would end up costing almost as much as the difference between the touring and the GT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Still need to sell the Camaro, so still have access to it. Its a beast so it's rough getting in the CX3, but I love the CX3 for other reasons that the Camaro just can't help with. No car is perfect for everything but I love it so far:D
Do you see yourself eventually doing performance modifications to the CX-3 just to make it a bit more peppy or are you just going to leave performance as it came from the factory?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you not like the 18"GT wheels? I wanted to get a touring and then upgrade the wheels but it would end up costing almost as much as the difference between the touring and the GT.
I DO like the GT wheels, but if I'm gonna buy new ones....I sure as hell aint buying OEM wheels! ha

Do you see yourself eventually doing performance modifications to the CX-3 just to make it a bit more peppy or are you just going to leave performance as it came from the factory?
Warranties are for lawn movers and televisions. I WILL mod for more performance, but nothing serious. Considering just a 1" drop when available, intake, exhaust and a good tune.....done. Simple but effective. I know a genius tuner who will have great canned tunes for these things once he gets ahold of a vehicle and HPTuners releases the "software" for these things. I WANT to donate my car to him as a test mule, but I'm in SC and he's in WA. grrr ha

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, gonna use this as my JOURNAL THREAD.

Blacked out the front with plastidip

AND

added 35% tint and a strip on the front window:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

AND

Be sure to advise your tuner that the Skyactive 2.0G uses the Miller Cycle and that the 4 branch exhaust manifold is linked in with the valve overlap. Be careful with the inlet side as the compression ratio is already high. Lets see if I can find you some pdf’s......

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts

AND

You did an awesome job! This car is beautiful. Would you ever paint the spoiler black, maybe just on the tip?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You did an awesome job! This car is beautiful. Would you ever paint the spoiler black, maybe just on the tip?
@Dave thanks. no, id have to see just what you're thinking but the black line coming up from the side of the car matches the back edge of the wing, not sure I'd want to mess up that linear design

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
journal thread add......improved the front even more:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts