Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll

So I've been driving my cx-3 for 7 months now. Much to my surprise, it has survived it's first deep freezing winters in Canada. One problem I had experience through those months was the constant misalignment of the steering wheel. It has a slight turn to the left in order for the wheels to be straight ahead. I've had to bring this issue to get it adjusted 2 times... It's currently slightly to the left. Is this normal within that amount of time elapsed? I remember watching a youtube review regarding this, and they said it may be d/t it being manufactured in mexico? Is this issue still under warranty? I just find it annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, potholes might cause the steering wheel to misaligned. As for the manufactured, all CX-3s are still being manufactured in Hiroshima, Japan. You can actually check your VIN # online and it'll tell you where it was made.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my mistake. But yes, where I live, there are a ton of potholes after the freezing and melting of the road.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Evaluate any steering bias in a flat, empty parking lot if possible. A lot of (drive on right) roads have a slight bank angle that requires a tiny bit of correction to the left.

Since you've already done alignments, the alignment isn't likely the cause.

Check your tire pressures. A difference between the wheels can cause a slight bias. It's also possible, although unlikely that your tires might be defective.

You may also want to try braking moderately hard without your hands on the steering. A slight brake drag is also possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Are you saying this gets corrected and then goes out again or it has never been reset properly?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just realized you replied months ago :p but yes I get this corrected at the dealership and then a couple week later the steering wheel is slightly turned to the left when wheels are straightened.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
I'm actually having a similar issue with my race car but that's because *I* aligned it with minimal supervision and I shouldn't be allowed to do that. Even with a $40,000 alignment rack, an untrained primate can still screw up.

Also, I'm not gentle with that car.

If you are driving down a flat, level road (i.e. not slanted or crowned) does the car pull to one side or the other when you briefly let go of the wheel?

I second the recommendation to check your pressures. It's not likely but very easy to do. Check and set your pressures cold.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It shouldn't go out in the first place but similarly, it should stay right once corrected. I would throw that back at Mazda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts