Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone come across this problem. My car wouldn't respond to my key fob at all, I've since replaced the key fob's battery with a new one, but no response still from my car using the key fob.
My car's door locks are all unlocked and cannot be locked using the locking buttons on the side of the door
and I can't even lock them with the manual key. The car itself cannot start with the fob either.
I've tried holding the lock and unlock fob button for 60 seconds to see if it'll reset but nothing happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is your car battery dead? Any blown fuses? Is there anything on the instrument cluster showing the immobilizer is on?

If your car battery is good, try disconnecting your battery and letting it sit disconnected for 10-15 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and see if that helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Never heard of this issue before. Other than a possible dead car battery as suggested by Robertjb above, it sounds like your remote key has somehow become de-programmed, or damaged in some way. Do you have a second remote key? Does it still work? If so you will need to take the car to your dealer to have your remote key reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your car battery dead? Any blown fuses? Is there anything on the instrument cluster showing the immobilizer is on?

If your car battery is good, try disconnecting your battery and letting it sit disconnected for 10-15 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and see if that helps.
Thanks,
I'm going to try and jump start it tonight and maybe reconnect the battery, have not check any blown fuses yet, but I'll check that also.
The problem also seems like none of the dashboard lights are even able to turn on, so cannot see if the immobilizer light is on even.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never heard of this issue before. Other than a possible dead car battery as suggested by Robertjb above, it sounds like your remote key has somehow become de-programmed, or damaged in some way. Do you have a second remote key? Does it still work? If so you will need to take the car to your dealer to have your remote key reprogrammed.
Thanks, I'll try that also, unfortunately, my spare key is at a relative who is away, but will give it a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wondering if anyone come across this problem. My car wouldn't respond to my key fob at all, I've since replaced the key fob's battery with a new one, but no response still from my car using the key fob.
My car's door locks are all unlocked and cannot be locked using the locking buttons on the side of the door
and I can't even lock them with the manual key. The car itself cannot start with the fob either.
I've tried holding the lock and unlock fob button for 60 seconds to see if it'll reset but nothing happens.
When I first bought my Mazda the same thing happened to me and it was brand new, they had to reprogram the electronics and nothing was working the car would not start and no lights came on.
Both of my keys would not work either after they reprogrammed it it has been fine, only every so often I have to change the battery in the remotes. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts