Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Five stages of my CX-3 being hit while parked.

I cannot be 100% positive but I think my neighbour hit my car.

1. Denial
There cannot be damage to my car, it was parked in my assigned spot outside my condo.

2. Anger
I can't believe the way 'those people' park.
Hit my car will ya' ? I'll get you for any 'perceived' wrongs , past, present & future.!!>:)

3. Bargaining
It doesn't look too bad.
Just that small fender piece, no one will ever notice anything happened.
I'm sure it'll be fine.

4. Depression

It's not only that small piece, the one behind is also cracked.
It'll never be safe to park my car anywhere, ever again.
Why spend all that money on a new car ? people don't care and will ruin it for you.

5. Acceptance
Oh well, what's done is done!!!
New fender piece $ 26.32
New shield (the piece the fender screws into ) $ 28.04
Labour (in a condo, -30 C , let the dealer do it ) $38.99
Taxes, shop supplies, etc total cost in the end $ 104.27

Got off easy - The second piece screws into the bumper piece , which is one piece all the way across .

Nice to see it wasn't expensive.

zoom-zoom-zoom

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’ve never damaged anybody car but I’m quite sure that if I did I would leave a note on it and do the right thing.

It is upsetting (summarises your 5 stages) but keep your chin up and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a bummer that you take care of your property and others are careless.Im thankful I have a garage and if I go out I park well away from other cars if possible.
Bad things happen but at least the culprit should own up to it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I normally go through your stages 1 - 2, then have a 3rd stage .... Revenge.

Sorry to see that but at least the repair isn't to expensive even though it should be them paying for it.

This is the main reason why I'm going to get a front and rear dash cam with a parking recording feature. Some people just really don't see that as damage because they themselves wouldn't care and it is really frustrating to see the result of your hard work treated like that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I normally go through your stages 1 - 2, then have a 3rd stage .... Revenge.

Sorry to see that but at least the repair isn't to expensive even though it should be them paying for it.

This is the main reason why I'm going to get a front and rear dash cam with a parking recording feature. Some people just really don't see that as damage because they themselves wouldn't care and it is really frustrating to see the result of your hard work treated like that.

I have dash cams front & rear.
Very cold temperatures - everything on (defrosters, mirror heat, heated seats) and short trips = hard on battery.
Not enough charge in the battery to maintain parking mode.
Looking into LiFePo solutions but rather expensive and again the short trips have a large impact.
Hoping Karma delivers the revenge.

Fully repaired - 16 months in and it's still like new.

zoom-zoom-zoom

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel your pain. I don't have off-street parking in Baltimore city. The people here don't stop until they hit something when they parallel park. So they back up until they bump the car behind them, then pull forward until they bump the car in front of them, and repeat until they think they've got it right. Most times, they're still over 2 feet from the curb. My one year old CX-3 has a few scars just because other people can't or don't care enough to properly judge the corners of their cars. On the plus side, it can be fun to watch people spend 10 minutes trying to park their Prius in a space big enough for a Suburban!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used to face my Nest camera out my window in my old condo where I parked.
During that time I caught one person stealing my UPS package and another that Hit my roommates car. It basically paid for itself.

Sorry about your car!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you believe another hit & run today ?

This is why the rear dash cam pays off

https://youtu.be/_83jVGIjRjE

Here are the Five stages of my CX-3 being hit while parked.

I cannot be 100% positive but I think my neighbour hit my car.

1. Denial
There cannot be damage to my car, it was parked in my assigned spot outside my condo.

2. Anger
I can't believe the way 'those people' park.
Hit my car will ya' ? I'll get you for any 'perceived' wrongs , past, present & future.!!>:)

3. Bargaining
It doesn't look too bad.
Just that small fender piece, no one will ever notice anything happened.
I'm sure it'll be fine.

4. Depression

It's not only that small piece, the one behind is also cracked.
It'll never be safe to park my car anywhere, ever again.
Why spend all that money on a new car ? people don't care and will ruin it for you.

5. Acceptance
Oh well, what's done is done!!!
New fender piece $ 26.32
New shield (the piece the fender screws into ) $ 28.04
Labour (in a condo, -30 C , let the dealer do it ) $38.99
Taxes, shop supplies, etc total cost in the end $ 104.27

Got off easy - The second piece screws into the bumper piece , which is one piece all the way across .

Nice to see it wasn't expensive.

zoom-zoom-zoom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry this happened to you again. Any damage this time around?

I see this happen too often in parking lots, it amazes me how careless people are when parking. I try and park as far away from other cars as possible, but invariably someone will be next to me when I return to the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got my car back from the body shop after an 18 year old on his permit in his mommies Chevy Equinox hit my parked car and did 7,000 dollars damage to it...I was beyond pissed off...I would have killed the little a$$hole if I cought him...of course it was a hit and run but they found him trying to hide the car about 2 blocks from my house....she is all fixed up and looking good now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, I'm sorry this happened to you again. Any damage this time around?

I see this happen too often in parking lots, it amazes me how careless people are when parking. I try and park as far away from other cars as possible, but invariably someone will be next to me when I return to the car.

Here's some damage pics .. notice the paint is split on the seam in the last pic :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got my car back from the body shop after an 18 year old on his permit in his mommies Chevy Equinox hit my parked car and did 7,000 dollars damage to it...I was beyond pissed off...I would have killed the little a$$hole if I cought him...of course it was a hit and run but they found him trying to hide the car about 2 blocks from my house....she is all fixed up and looking good now.

Ouch !!!!

Does it still " feel " the same ? :eek:

zoom-zoom-zoom

or is it

parked-parked-boom ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I assume their insurance paid for it (or reimbursed yours). If so, then be grateful. Here in CT, the high number of uninsured motorists driving is staggering. Outsourced I.S. at the D.M.V. are too screwed up or slow in catching those who drive with out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It will really never be the same...they did a great job on fixing her....but it will always be a damaged vehicle....it was covered by his insurance company and I am thankful for that...I work at the dealership where it was fixed. We have a body shop and I got to pick the best people to work on her and they did a great job...plus I am an auto detailer and got to clean her up after her surgery haha.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Holy Crap! 7k in damage from a hit and run! With as sweet as you car looks I would have found the little bastard and killed him for sure. Glad you were able to pick out the best people to do the repair, helps to work for the dealer I'm sure. ;) Nothing better then being able to detail it up yourself afterwards as well.

Here's some damage pics .. notice the paint is split on the seam in the last pic :crying:
Goes to show even though the impact didn't look too bad, there was plenty of damage. Can you make out their plate at the end of the video? Hope you track them down, incredibly cowardly on their part.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Estimate over $1,500.00
We'll see what is found after they remove the outer obviously damaged parts.
Estimate does not include replacement rental while mine is being repaired.

My insurance has been good so far;eventually her insurance will pay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts