Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are very easy mudflaps to fit. It will make far more sense when you start work. There is no need to remove the wheel, you can manage with the steering turned. I had the wheels off for another reason.

I’ve attached the pdf instructions so you can see but just to help illustrate the process, I’ve added some photos.

You will see that in illustration 1, you are required to cut the wheel arch liner.

I removed this stud which simply gave me a little more space to get the side cutters in;

The liner is already scribed and all you need to do is cut along the lines and create an opening for the captive nut. The hole is already drilled but you just need to snip out the cross bar in the inset of illustration 1.

There are 2 captive nuts to fit. One goes where I made the cut and the other goes underneath on the sill. The captive nuts need pushing quite hard to get them to slide in so I used a closed pair of pliers to exert more force. These mudflaps fit better than any others I have fitted in the past. Just screw the bolts in hand tight then push them up to the body while you nip them tight.

pdf instructions;

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great install guide, this is much better than anything anyone would find in a owners manual/service manual! Sticky worthy!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree, cannot wait to get cracking on my mud guards. Awesome step by step instructions. Very informative.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great install guide, this is much better than anything anyone would find in a owners manual/service manual! Sticky worthy!
Yes, I need a bit of time off work but will try and pull together all of the how to guides into one sticky.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They were super easy it install especially with anchormans great instructions.I had to order them because no dealer had them in the St.Louis area but it only took a few days to get them.Im still debating getting the back ones and I am not in a hurry to get them next might be a wind shield over the sun roof.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you again Anchorman. Your confidence building instructions motivated me to order mud flaps. I've printed your posts and pdfs so in a couple of months when they arrive from China I'll be ready. Cheers, Mack

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you again Anchorman. Your confidence building instructions motivated me to order mud flaps. I've printed your posts and pdfs so in a couple of months when they arrive from China I'll be ready. Cheers, Mack
My Aliexpress front & back mud flaps arrived yesterday. I had to buy "U" nuts for the front as the kit only came with screws. 'Was able to mount all flaps without removing wheels.

When my wife came out to see what I'd done to her car, she said: "they weren't there before?".

Thanks again, Mack

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi, I saw this at Aliexpress and I'm a bit confused. I notice the difference in the mudguards as highlighted, compared to what was shown in the tutorial photos (probably an OEM). From the looks of it, I believe they are supposed to fix to the stud that was first removed in the 1st photo and the one below. Can anyone please confirm?

May I know what this fixing is? The one from Aliexpress doesn't seem to have that fixing included in the set. I have checked the actual hole in that particular spot and found no thread for a screw to fix onto.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts