Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 22745km of mostly city driving. Currently at 430/1250 or so km of my journey. Wind noise is bareable. Loving the Canadian scenery! Car is going great... spent $52CAD on reg gas from Winnipeg to Regina (not bad). One thing I wish I had bought was a roof top cargo box. Definitely would add more space in the cabin. One of the items in my wishlist. Here's to my vehicle's maiden road-trip! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm at 22745km of mostly city driving. Currently at 430/1250 or so km of my journey. Wind noise is bareable. Loving the Canadian scenery! Car is going great... spent $52CAD on reg gas from Winnipeg to Regina (not bad). One thing I wish I had bought was a roof top cargo box. Definitely would add more space in the cabin. One of the items in my wishlist. Here's to my vehicle's maiden road-trip! :)
Shall I prepare the coffee ?

How long will you be in Calgary ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahah, just till Monday morning. Went snowboarding all day yesterday in the mountains. Such a dope experience! Going into the city later to do some shopping and more winter activities.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My car after 1600km. Heading back to add another 1300km in the odo! TPMS went on once, im guessing due to the fact that we were traveling at a higher elevation and had more cargo weight then usual. Rechecked the tires, they were at the appropriate PSI... and resetted and forget it! I'll do a full review of the car after a long drive once I'm back home.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok quick review:

Arrived safe and sound at home. I'm due for an oil change soon especially after driving 3000+ kms.
I noticed slight nicks on my windshield from the debris being winded onto my windshield. No cracks, but as far as I know, the rocks that hit my windshield didn't seem that large... Will most likely get my windshield assessed to get it back to tip top shape. I find the windshield a bit on the weak side.

A couple minor knicks on the front hood of the car. But OH WELL, can't have everything perfect right? :p (could be easily avoided if I put some 3M film or something).

Drive was smooth, a friend who drove my car found it to be quite comfortable with the thicker/larger snow tires I had on. Wheels seemed to absorb shock more.

I also noticed the front right underside cover of the car coming in loose. Possibly d/t hitting snow piles which shifted the nails out of their prospective holes. Just needed to realign the cover and screw in the screw. Very minor.

No warning lights came on, other than my TPSM during the drive to the city.

Passing vehicles on the highway was not difficult for this vehicle, especially when sport-mode was activated.

Back up camera is synonymous for getting dirty very quickly... just make sure you stock up on those extra Mcdonald's napkins to wipe the dirt off while filling gas :p

I have halogen headlights and found the view during my night time commute a bit bunk. I would recommend upgrading the bulbs to something with more lumen output.

I spent approx $240CAD for around 3000+ km drive... which is great and actually was short $10 of my initial gas budget. I suspect the wheels had decreased fuel economy d/t the fact that the rims were heavy steel. I was getting an avg 8-9L/100km...

All in all, it was a great long drive experience with this vehicle. I don't think I've come across a review about long drives so I might as well add my input.

One thing I wish I had more of was cargo space. I highly recommend investing in a cargo box for a roof rack. Space decreased fast after a few duffle bags and miscellaneous knick-knacks. Although, I was able to lower the right rear passenger seat down for more room.

Any long drive related questions, please reply and I'll get back to you asap! :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congratulations on a safe return from your fine road trip to the Calgary area. Thanks for the review. Regarding your gas budget for the trip, if you'd tried a similar length trip in the UK my maths suggest it would have been around 430 CAD ! Mind you, to do 3,000 km in the UK it's necessary to do a return trip from the top to bottom extremities plus another 10% :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts