Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After driving the first ever CX-3 Grand Touring AWD in the U.S.A., I have begun to enjoy how it looks and what it can do. If you notice in the photo below, it came in an enclosed truck and no-one knew what was in there during it's journey from the pacific coast. The new 2016 CX-3 does have manual shifting in my package. Some people didn't think so. Once you shift to Drive (D), move the shifter to the left for the Manual (M) mode. There are paddle shifters just forward of the steering wheel on the left and right. Haven't used it yet but will try it later on. Here's a video: Just ignore the fact that it is a Mazda 6 video and the shifters are different in the CX-3. 2014 Mazda6 ? Paddle Shifters | Mazda USA There is also a Sport mode switch near the shift know that allows quicker acceleration. I am enjoying the heads up display in front of the steering wheel just above the dash. When you start the car, a clear device raises up for viewing the active driving display. You not only see the speed you are going but also lane departure warnings, vehicle speed cruise distance settings and other info. It allows me to keep my eyes on the road without having to look around the car to see the info. I like all of the safety driving alert features included. The navigation system is a great improvement from the TomTom system that was in my 2013 CX-5. And it comes with a 3-year free updates subscription! I like being able to use the Commander switch located near the drivers seat. Just using it a short while makes it easy to operate. Would I give it back and ask for my CX-5?. NO! This one is a keeper. Lots more to learn as I drive it and become familiar with the manuals (not while driving, of course). I hope to see more of these on the road in the fall. Zoom-zoom-zoom.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Texas first and Oklahoma.... eventually.

Congratulations, John. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions and discoveries, especially sports mode and I-Activsense safety tech.
More photos would be nice as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loyalty

I guess Mazda has different feelings about previous Mazda owners and what models they buy. Even though I purchased the new one at the very same dealer where I had purchased the old one. I was not allowed to receive a loyalty discount. :mad:
My question to Mazda is, why isn't every Mazda vehicle purchased allowed to be in the loyalty program? :confused:
u

·
Registered
246 Posts
What do you think of nonpower seats my wife thinks its a little cheaper feeling.. ..also I'm hearing there is 750;loyalty towards any Mazda through Mazda capital.including cx3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts