Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

First full service

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Levi3xt 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm just coming up to my 1st full service. Here in Australia we have the 1st service at 12 mths or 10,000 km (which ever is the sooner). My CX-3 is just on 12mths old with just on 10,000km (perfect). So, have I got any problems? Yes, but thankfully very minor.

Problem 1. The reversing sensors in the back bumper only work on the two outer sensors. The two inner don't work at all.

Problem 2. I think my drivers seat "sinks". I may of course have inadvertently knocked the lever that raises the seat. I'm still working on this. If by the time I go in for the service I haven't worked it out I'll mention it to the dealer if only to get it on record.

#2 ·
I notice my driver seat sinking too, and I think others have had this problem. I highly doubt we're inadvertently hitting the lever, I think the more likely culprit is every time we sit down the seat goes down ever so slightly. So much of the CX-3 is well built and premium looking, but there are certain things about it that look like was either badly designed, cheaply made, or was overlooked in quality testing.

#3 · (Edited)
That comment about the seat "goes down ever so slightly" is exactly why (I think) I'm having trouble pin-pointing the problem. I wonder if the dealer has had many complaints and if so, will they admit it. I'd think as I have another 2yrs warranty still to go that, if they suspect there may be a problem they might just as well fix it sooner than later. Anyway, I'll keep you all informed about the seat/sensor problem outcome.

#4 ·
Somebody had a new seat under warranty because it crept down in its own. They have a clutch in the mechanism that I suspect slips.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes anchorman I looked at the seat sub assembly pic you supplied (previously) but can't agree with your "I reckon if you were determined enough you could pull that apart and fix it. How hard can it be?" LOL

While I'm at it, do you have any info on the rear sensor wiring?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.