Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my CX-3 today at Mazda of Toronto. Red exterior, fully loaded with tech and an off white interior. I also had auto dimming rear view mirror installed, renote starter, ceramic tints, clear bra for a portion of the hood and underbody rustproof spray. The spray helped to reduce some of the road noise. The car drives really well.it's very well dampened on the road and the steering is very agile. Feels very German. I'll replace the all seasons with some better tires after this winter. The OEM tires are awfully noisy. I really love this car though. The LED headlamps give offa nice blue color flicker for oncoming traffic. The color flicker looks similar to the LED headlamps from the new Mercedes E Class. I can also see the headlamp beams sweep left and right as I make turns. It's very bright and the high beams are just insane! The Bose stereo is pretty good. I wish it had a little more low end bass, but that's okay, it sounds very good for the segment regardless.

The only annoying and unfixable thing about the car is the heads up display. The resolution is horrible. I thought I needed new prescription for my contact lenses. It's that bad. Super blurry. It hard to tell the speed. If you feel down about not having the heads up display. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. I would rather it not be there. It's just that bad and annoying to look at.

Some things I will work on soon:

LED turn signals
LED plate lights
Front dash camera

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Excellent. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congradulations! Now the fun begins... performing little modifications which personalize the vehicle. Enjoy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
First congratulations, this car is fun to drive. Enjoy. Question on your auto-dimming mirror? Do you have the Grand Touring model? If you do, any idea what the part number was for the mirror or what they used? Thanks and happy modding :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats, we noticed that the resolution could be better especially when reversing. It's like the resolution of the old flip phones that started having a camera in it like the one Anchorman still uses....

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Congrats, we noticed that the resolution could be better especially when reversing. It's like the resolution of the old flip phones that started having a camera in it like the one Anchorman still uses....
Excuse me. My cell telephone is the latest with a finger dialer on it.

Reactions: riosx2013

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This it (from Mazda Canada, in $CDN)?

Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass

Price : $185.00 | Part Number : 0000-8C-P14

Here's a link - just follow the prompts to bring up the accessories for the CX-3:

Mazda
Yes this was the one. I had it installed for $260. It only auto dims and has a compass. No garage functions. When a new one comes out with the garage function then I'll replace it. It's a shame the Grand Touring comes with neither.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the resolution isn't the greatest, but the low light sensitivity makes up for it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Weird, my heads up display is clear and not blurry at all.. Did you try cleaning the display and the projection area?? Also, try to adjust the settings for your height and also the brightness.. I love that display and it really keeps me focus on driving and monitoring my speed.. I really want the auto dimming mirrors, I had them on my previous vehicle and it helped a lot.. Having my rear window tinted at 5% did block out the glare and brightness but doesn't help from the huge semi trucks or SUVs with HID lighting.. Definitely, will be on my todo list..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weird, my heads up display is clear and not blurry at all.. Did you try cleaning the display and the projection area?? Also, try to adjust the settings for your height and also the brightness.. I love that display and it really keeps me focus on driving and monitoring my speed.. I really want the auto dimming mirrors, I had them on my previous vehicle and it helped a lot.. Having my rear window tinted at 5% did block out the glare and brightness but doesn't help from the huge semi trucks or SUVs with HID lighting.. Definitely, will be on my todo list..
I wasn't aware that the HUD could be calibrated. Thanks for letting me know. I adjusted it today and it's a lot brighter and much more clear.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, I have the exact little red CX3 with white leather that you have. I got mine in Milton, Ontario.

Just a comment about the Backup camera: The lens needs to be wiped clean constantly. It is installed in a very vulnerable spot and catches every glob of mud that comes its way. And because the camera is not the sharpest piece of equipment it tends to emphasize any speck of dirt on it. I keep a cloth handy and clean it off before backing out of a parking spot every time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up my CX-3 today at Mazda of Toronto. Red exterior, fully loaded with tech and an off white interior. I also had auto dimming rear view mirror installed, renote starter, ceramic tints, clear bra for a portion of the hood and underbody rustproof spray. The spray helped to reduce some of the road noise. The car drives really well.it's very well dampened on the road and the steering is very agile. Feels very German. I'll replace the all seasons with some better tires after this winter. The OEM tires are awfully noisy. I really love this car though. The LED headlamps give offa nice blue color flicker for oncoming traffic. The color flicker looks similar to the LED headlamps from the new Mercedes E Class. I can also see the headlamp beams sweep left and right as I make turns. It's very bright and the high beams are just insane! The Bose stereo is pretty good. I wish it had a little more low end bass, but that's okay, it sounds very good for the segment regardless.

The only annoying and unfixable thing about the car is the heads up display. The resolution is horrible. I thought I needed new prescription for my contact lenses. It's that bad. Super blurry. It hard to tell the speed. If you feel down about not having the heads up display. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. I would rather it not be there. It's just that bad and annoying to look at.

Some things I will work on soon:

LED turn signals
LED plate lights
Front dash camera
Congrats Trixstar! You are probably already aware of this, but you can adjust the bass in the sound settings screen. I have my bass set at one "tick" below max and is plenty bass heavy enough for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.