Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what the CX-3 was designed for! About 4in/10cm of powder with new snow tires and AWD in my '18. Taking it easy at first, it sure goes where ever it's pointed. I'm always the first one to get away from a red light without even trying, you can sure tell who's still using All Seasons.. I can't even tell when the AWD is working it just so seamless. I did hit a few deeper drifts but it plowed through just fine with a little fishtailing, but if we get much more snow I might be wishing for a little more ground clearance. Pleasant surprise downshifting as that might lock up the front wheels in my old FWD. I ran into some black ice and felt the shudder of the ABS quickly pumping the brakes. I thought something was wrong at first. It didn't slow me down much but I was able to steer.
One drawback..gas milage has plummeted, will have to keep an eye on that. A design consideration I have is the recess for the wipers is also where the intake vents for the heater are located. That area gets filled up with snow and is hard to clear out. Speaking of which I'll have to get winter wipers as the stock ones turn hard below freezing. Also, the wheel wells tend to fill up with packed snow/ice and have rubbed against the tire. I try to kick out the ice but I'm afraid I'll damage the plastic.
A warning light that looked like two cars crashing came on, I was a little concerned. I guess you have to keep the glass clear in front of the Smart Brake Support sensor.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ask and you shall receive~

Thread to remedy slush buildup in wheelwell

threads for lift tire size gain + spring gain = 2 ways to increase clearance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts