Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wondering about the extra packages that were offered, if any, when you bought your CX-3. Maybe along the lines of prepaid maintenance or warranties. Did you decline the offers?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I opted for the Lifetime Oil Changes, I also got went for the Under body spray, Paint Protection and 3M film. I also got a 5 year tire and Rim warranty.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm leasing so chose not to go overboard. The dealer waved a free wheels and rims protection policy at me as a come-on when I first put down a deposit. That's still in play and I should ask about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually very much appreciated not having to reject the usual menu of dealer extras and options, from floor mats to undercoating to extended warranties to bumper guards and all the other silly stuff most dealers try to sell at the time of purchase. For me, it was the vehicle that came from the factory, no more and no less, and a very simple and quick purchase process.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the mud flaps included for no additional price (about $150 in parts). I also opted for the 10 year extended bumper to bumper warranty, which was an additional $2,000. I put so many miles on my car that i would burn through the bumper to bumper in little over a year (36K Miles). So i figure this way i'll be worry free for three years. I got a GT with all the bells and whistles and i figure it wouldn't take much going wrong with an electrical feature to burn through $2K. Also, the extended warranty has some nice features like road side assistance where they will tow you to a Mazda dealer and hook you up with a loaner. Not to soung cliche but this worry free guarantee is well worth it to me when i'm two hours away from home often for business.

Apparently the $2K bumper to bumper is the same across all their vehicles no matter the trim.

I've never purchased a new car before so maybe this is typical, but as Makana said I was happy there were no hidden fees. I knew i wanted the CX-3 they had on their lot and i went into the dealer ready for battle, and they were like "nope, you just pay the sticker price on the vehicle, nothing else." Of course that doesn't count Registrations, Insurance, Taxes, and Title.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sherlock security marking
12yr rust protection
Remote car start (the dongle, not the smartphone app)
Mud guards
Form fitted carpets

The remote dongle is HUGE but I didn't want to pay $90/yr for the App service. Never know when that 3rd party will go out of business anyway. The marking and the rust treatment I shopped around and arrived with prices, so Mazda let me have them for the price of their competitors instead of the regular price.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Anyone who purchases dealer provided extras and additional services/coverages, make sure you negotiate those prices. They typically have a TON of markup which is why they dealers give such a hard sell on them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sherlock security marking

Form fitted carpets

Form fitting carpets? What are those? My car came with carpets and they fit my car. Are you maybe referring to rubber mats for winter and for the trunk space?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the mud flaps included for no additional price (about $150 in parts). I also opted for the 10 year extended bumper to bumper warranty, which was an additional $2,000. I put so many miles on my car that i would burn through the bumper to bumper in little over a year (36K Miles). So i figure this way i'll be worry free for three years. I got a GT with all the bells and whistles and i figure it wouldn't take much going wrong with an electrical feature to burn through $2K. Also, the extended warranty has some nice features like road side assistance where they will tow you to a Mazda dealer and hook you up with a loaner. Not to soung cliche but this worry free guarantee is well worth it to me when i'm two hours away from home often for business.

Apparently the $2K bumper to bumper is the same across all their vehicles no matter the trim.

I've never purchased a new car before so maybe this is typical, but as Makana said I was happy there were no hidden fees. I knew i wanted the CX-3 they had on their lot and i went into the dealer ready for battle, and they were like "nope, you just pay the sticker price on the vehicle, nothing else." Of course that doesn't count Registrations, Insurance, Taxes, and Title.
This is my first Mazda, so I went for the Maintenance package, the extended warranty (I too will probably blow through the 36K package in a little over a year) and the GAP insurance (which I'll keep until the car is about 2 years old). I was pleasantly surprised that the bumper to bumper also covers user error (ie flinging your coffee at the infotainment screen and shorting it out).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I meant those, which don't come standard.

I guess they are like Sport Carpets to match the racing pedals you can install on this 146 HP hotrod. I am not sure why you would want those carpets, the standard ones are fine. I will be in the market for some rubber mats come winter.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm interested to see how the Mazda all-weather mats compare to the coming models from Husky and Weathertech.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm also waiting on Weathertech mats. I'm sure the Mazda ones are plenty nice, but I love how the Weathertech ones have higher sides.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone who purchases dealer provided extras and additional services/coverages, make sure you negotiate those prices. They typically have a TON of markup which is why they dealers give such a hard sell on them.
Agreed! :D We knocked off a few hundred dollars off of one the packages we got.

I don't normally buy anything extra because I don't keep my cars for very long. Usually 2-3 years then i move on to something else. I got an ADDICTION. >:)

Now being that my wife is the total opposite of me and keeps her cars for a very long time, we opted for the 10 year coverage and the other package that covers dings, scratches, curbed rim, tires, etc.

She bought her 2003 Murano new and we just sold it to a friend of ours. She wanted something smaller because our kids are grown and have their own cars. The CX3 is just for her zooming around to the stores, gym, etc. No longer need a family hauler.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I test drove a CX-3 in Calgary on Saturday. The salesman said locking wheel nuts, floor mats and block heater was included in the price. When we went over numbers they added $650 for them.

Then the "Nitrogen Tire" charge of 300. (300 bucks for Green caps! Apparently includes some kind of tire warranty, but pretty much bs and pure extra profit for dealer.) And an Etching Charge of $300.00 (this is probably iGlobal sticker than costs the dealer $60 it's basically bs) To add these charges is actually not in compliance with AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council) like OMVIC in Ontario. Apparently "these charges are on every vehicle".

Anyway they wouldn't give enough value on my trade in so the deal wasn't going to happen anyway. But if they had I would have paid for the block heater and made sure the other crap wasn't on there or I was given extra value on the trade in to cover it.

The salesman said they were an honest dealer and show all numbers upfront.. well the upfront part was true, the honest part is a stretch. All dealers have their scams. I someone has a good dealer in Calgary please let me know!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm getting new winter tyres tomorrow and nitrogen is optional at £1.50 ($2.50) per tyre.

The etching stickers arrive at the dealer from Japan by post and meet with the car at the dealer. I think it has the VIN No and a phone number on. They are applied free during the pdi.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What is all this talk about nitrogen in tires? I have green caps, didn't know that meant something.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@PickledGopher. that is insane! I am not sure what Honesty they were preaching. Should contact a dealer here in Edmonton and see what they are willing to do for you. I went through Weber Mazda here. If you want the info if the person I dealt with send me a private message. Maybe they will be able to help you more and get a deal done for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
What is all this talk about nitrogen in tires? I have green caps, didn't know that meant something.
They use it to inflate the tyres and unlike normal oxygen, it isn't effected by temperature giving more reliable pressures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@anchorman - thanks for the info! Good to know in case other dealers try something similar.
@RAMPANT - cheers! I may take you up on that. I still have a couple Mazda's left here in Calgary. I should be okay but if not I'll send a pm. Also I see earlier you had mentioned life time oil changes. I'm curious what they charged for that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts