Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I own a 2.5 yo CX5 (and prior to that 2 MPS's) so am used to Mazdas design. I test drove a 2018 CX3 (sTouring) today and I've found that the exterior mirrors (overtaking mirrors if you like) have been moved about 4-5 cms to the rear on the car doors. Doesn't sound like much but because of their position (and to some degree their size), they seem to obscure (more ?) important details of what's happening outside the car. I don't get this 'issue' the the CX5.

Has anyone noticed this and found it to be an issue or not ?

Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Seems to me to be somewhat a function of where you have your seat ... with my seat all the way back, almost touching the rear seat, I haven't had a problem. But now that you mention it, I may well look at it more critically ;-)

P.S. I really like the blind spot warning feature ... 'don't depend on it for changing lanes, but now and then someone will creep up, and the mirror signaling is a welcomed extra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mainemanx, would appreciate your thoughts. It's odd when you look at other brands/models, that their mirrors are further forward on the door. Do you agree ? So wondering why Mazda (it seems to be the same on their new CX5 and 3's at least) have done this. I'll post some photos shortly to demonstrate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts