Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've owned a Mazda before, I've never actually bought a new one from a dealership. Does anyone know what Mazda's policy is about an extended test drive? Will they let you take it home for 24 hours or let you drive a used one for a few days? I know that the bigger manufactures (ford, chevy, toyota, dodge) will let you if you convince the salesman the you are a careful driver and super serious about buying that vehicle. They figure that after a whole day that you'll love it and have to have it. I know that there are always restrictions about milage and distances you are allowed to drive, but it would be nice to drive the CX-3 without a babysitter and really see how much of a drivers car it is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve only gone on 15-20 minute test drives of new cars with a sales person sitting in the car. I can tell in the first five minutes of driving a car whether I like it or not.

You want to test drive an unsold new car by yourself for a full day. You’ll be putting more mileage on the odometer and wear and tear on the car than average. If the dealer allows it, find out where you legally stand if a mishap occurs. Ask about insurance. What can you be held liable for: Dents, dings, scratches, stone chips, etc. that may occur while you have it? And get in writing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would not buy a new car that had over a few miles on it.You never know how the person treated it on a test drive and could have driven the crap out of it with no concern for damage especially if you keep it over night or all day.
There was a dealer in our area who let you test drive a car as long as you gave your drivers license and they copied it.
They had a crooked salesman who took the copy and copied it again and the used it for identity theft of the person.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I test drove this CX-3 twice with 2 different dealers with the both salesmen just handing me over the keys. I pushed it to its legal limit to see how it handles, accelerates, brakes, and corners. I knew within the first 20 minutes of the 1st drive this was the ride for me. The 2nd one was just to confirm results from the 1st one. ;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Dealers often have demo models driven by staff and service loaners they can lend. They may require a deposit be made to validate that you're a serious buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts