Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm french so my english is difficult.
I was fed up with this problem since I have this car (CX-3).
There is this problem on lot of Mazda between +/- 2000 and 3000 rpm.

The feeling on the pedal is unpleasant and could initially suggest a rotor problem.
I'm looking for a solution for long time and I'm happy to give this simple solution on the net for all Mazda consumers. It's eliminate this problem and vibrations become at least "normal"

problem :
The pedal is welded on a large axis. The axis vibrates "normally" but the pedal amplifies these vibrations because of an assembly which is not rigid enough via a simple welding and the cantilever of the pedal.

solution :
The idea is to stiffen the axle / pedal assembly so that it no longer vibrates and no longer amplifies the vibrations of its axis.
2 bolts of 8 mm welded together and correctly tightened are enough to stiffen the axle and the pedal and to suppress the excessive vibrations.
The assembly is completely invisible since it is behind the pedal and only takes a few minutes to set up.
No modification of the pedal is necessary and is completely reversible in a few seconds.

Before :
Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic

After :
Handwriting Insect Schematic Slope Font

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm french so my english is difficult.
I was fed up with this problem since I have this car (CX-3).
There is this problem on lot of Mazda between +/- 2000 and 3000 rpm.

The feeling on the pedal is unpleasant and could initially suggest a rotor problem.
I'm looking for a solution for long time and I'm happy to give this simple solution on the net for all Mazda consumers. It's eliminate this problem and vibrations become at least "normal"

problem :
The pedal is welded on a large axis. The axis vibrates "normally" but the pedal amplifies these vibrations because of an assembly which is not rigid enough via a simple welding and the cantilever of the pedal.

solution :
The idea is to stiffen the axle / pedal assembly so that it no longer vibrates and no longer amplifies the vibrations of its axis.
2 bolts of 8 mm welded together and correctly tightened are enough to stiffen the axle and the pedal and to suppress the excessive vibrations.
The assembly is completely invisible since it is behind the pedal and only takes a few minutes to set up.
No modification of the pedal is necessary and is completely reversible in a few seconds.

Before :
View attachment 23775

After :
View attachment 23777
Not noticed this myself but did come across this 2015+ Mazda CX-3 [DK] AutoExe Brake Pedal Brace MDJ4950 | dealer Sun Vigor Online

1 - 2 of 2 Posts