Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to know, who is (already) considering Tuning the Engine of his CX-3?
And, what Engine and HP/PS does yours have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I could eventually be interested in it. Not right away as I would have warranty concerns/I'm not sure how quickly programming will be available. What do you have in mind?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have nothing in mind, just interested if anybody is thinking about Tuning and the engine involved.
On a German CX-5 Forum there is a Thread about Tuning in general. It seems to be possible to Tune the Gas-pedal to.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If power turns out to not be sufficient and folks feel like there could be need for power to be "filled in" then that speaks volumes to the potential for tunes to come online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like the gasoline engine is almost the same as the one in Mazda3. With that said, the Mazda3 Skyactive-G 2.0 (120 & 165hp) engine can be tweeked up-to 180hp (or even more).

The Diesel-variant will almost certainly have a chip in the near future cause it's powered with a turbo.

Just guessing of course :nerd:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seems like the gasoline engine is almost the same as the one in Mazda3. With that said, the Mazda3 Skyactive-G 2.0 (120 & 165hp) engine can be tweeked up-to 180hp (or even more).

The Diesel-variant will almost certainly have a chip in the near future cause it's powered with a turbo.

Just guessing of course :nerd:
Where are you that you are privileged to have a 165hp 3?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Moto East, Dynotronics in TX and some dude in Miami will probably have a go at it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sure more and more tuning packages will come out since the CX3 seems to be so popular. I've seen a few posted on the site already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just read that the CX-3 G-120 Petrol engine is (about?) the same as the Skyactiv G-165. It's most likely Tuned 'down' to 120 (HP) by Motronic. Therefore, imo it be possible to get it 'up' again ;-)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know that I am getting one of Orange Virus's handheld tuners for the Skyactiv 2.0 as soon as I can afford it. The gains they make will put a 2.0 on par with a 2.5 and actually slightly better.

Now if they just took PayPal Credit...

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Orange Virus has switched to just Toyotas with legacy support for their Mazda clients. No new Mazda clients, though.

Both Fab9 and Openflash Performance have tuning options for the ND MX-5. Since that uses the SkyActiv-G 1.5L and 2.0L motors (pretty much the same as the CX-3), they may be willing to do a custom remote tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts