Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe in the past that I read that Mazda manufacturing created engine noise transmission from under the hood and directed it into the interior cabin so that the driver could hear the engine sounds louder and clearer. I believe that Mazda thinks that all the younger drivers are eager to hear the engine noise while driving and accelerating.
Am I just dreaming, or is this actually true. I know some of the other vehicles, Mustang, Camero, TransAm, etc do direct engine noises into the passenger compartments to enhance driver’s experience. :)
The reason I ask is because I’d liked to reduce the engine noise that’s entering the passenger cabin of my CX-3. :(
Anyone with knowledge about the above discussion?
Thanks, :D
PCG

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know pismo. This is a very funny email though :D

I find my brand new 2018 cx3 to be as quite as a mouse. Took her from a 100K cruise to 110K cruise for the very first time the other day. No engine/road noise diff to speak of. And this is on rough Australian asphalt.

All the foot down engine noise is nothing but a lovely refined precision sounding rev to me. Am I just dreaming, or just high on my new car smell :)
No. I have absolutely no noise complaint with my cx3 what so ever in any department at this point in time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts