1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It goes off after a few seconds right? If so, yes, new cars often do it,

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmm, some immobilisers make a noise when they are arming and some A/Cs make a noise powering down.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How hot is it outside down in Kentucky? Check the radiator fan to see if it's running. Sometimes cars will keep the fan(s) and water and/or oil pumps running on electric power after shutting off the engine in order to cool things down more quickly and to help with heat soak. It seems counter-intuitive, but many engines will actually see a spike in temperature for a short while after shutting them off. Running the cooling system helps prevent, or least mediate that.

On my old 2004 Mazda 6, it would do that and there was a Tech Bulletin released on it because the fan control module had a relay in it that would sometimes stick in the closed position causing the car to constantly run the fans on battery power until the battery died or the engine was restarted.

·
Registered
274 Posts
so is this a normal thing.. at first i thought it may of been but its getting louder and louder to where when i get out of my car it sounds like a high pitched horn coming from my car.

https://youtu.be/JH2O3ipSKr8
When I first got my car I noticed "that noise". Not as loud or as long as you describe but, never the less worrying.

On my 1st free service I mentioned it. This is word for word their reply.

"Checked for buzzing type noise present after switching off engine. Found noise to be throttle valve shutting off after driving system runs a operation test for the next drive cycle".

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts