Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
Well, I know what I'm doing on my lunch break.

I followed a few "related" vids from that one and stumbled across Mazda CMU Hacks.

Time to do some research!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does this work on CX-3 Infotainment systems
?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I enjoy using the commander controls. I rarely use the touchscreen. I'll be honest, one of the reasons I bought this (and will buy a Mazda in the future) is because I get these controls without paying $40,000+ for a car lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
I enjoy using the commander controls. I rarely use the touchscreen. I'll be honest, one of the reasons I bought this (and will buy a Mazda in the future) is because I get these controls without paying $40,000+ for a car lol
I feel the same. I've only used the touch screen a few times. The controls are very similar to my BMW.

......and I dislike fingerprints on the screen :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
If and when we get Carplay or Android auto in our units, I imagine there will be lots of fingerpints on our control panels... Unless perhaps the commander controls will be able to control those functions as well.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If and when we get Carplay or Android auto in our units, I imagine there will be lots of fingerpints on our control panels... Unless perhaps the commander controls will be able to control those functions as well.
They're supposed to work with physical controls. My mom's new Passat has AA/CP and they work with the physical controls as well as touch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I know what I'm doing on my lunch break.

I followed a few "related" vids from that one and stumbled across Mazda CMU Hacks.

Time to do some research!
Yeah I found that too after doing some more digging after I made the first post. Man the rabbit hole goes pretty deep!

So far I have done the all-in-one tweak and its working great:

- Changed wallpaper
- Changed the "danger!!!" nag warning to .1 second from 3 or whatever it is (much faster statup)
- Enabled touchscreen
- Got rid of "check surroundings" nag warning on backup camera
- Got rid of blank album art box for albums/XM that doesnt have it

Super cool. Lots of other hacks out there from custom apps to making the the album art bigger.

The most impressive one is implementing android auto! Just wow! Im on IOS though, but its almost enough to make me want to switch back to android! LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts

- Changed wallpaper
- Changed the "danger!!!" nag warning to .1 second from 3 or whatever it is (much faster statup)
- Enabled touchscreen
All I really want to do is change the nag screen and change to pause on mute. (why doesn't it pause on mute now?!)
The first requires a current operating system, but fixing the operating system looks really hard. How do I tell what version I have now?

·
Registered
893 Posts
The most impressive one is implementing android auto! Just wow! Im on IOS though, but its almost enough to make me want to switch back to android! LOL
Someone implemented Android Auto?? Holy crap I need this!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I found that too after doing some more digging after I made the first post. Man the rabbit hole goes pretty deep!

- Changed wallpaper
- Enabled touchscreen

Super cool. Lots of other hacks out there from custom apps to making the the album art bigger.

Could you provide a thorough guide on how to remove the annoying "beep" every time you put the car in reverse? ... please!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Could you provide a thorough guide on how to remove the annoying "beep" every time you put the car in reverse? ... please!
That couldn't be simpler; buy a US car.
Does it beep once, or continually?
Do all cars do that or just the CX3?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The initial beep is to confirm that the reversing sensors & sounder are in working order before you start reversing and potentially hit something if they're not.

If you search for the topic 'Reversing BEEP' over on the .co.uk forums, you'll find a post from Anchorman with the official instructions for reducing the volume of the beep, together with the easier unofficial way of sticking foam tape on the sounder behind the dashboard.

·
Registered
118 Posts
All I really want to do is change the nag screen and change to pause on mute. (why doesn't it pause on mute now?!)
The first requires a current operating system, but fixing the operating system looks really hard. How do I tell what version I have now?
The current OS version can be found by going to Settings > System > About > Version info.

Updating the OS firmware (two .up files on USB memory stick) is actually quite easy. It takes about an hour for the process to finish.

However, that said, it's best entrusted to a Mazda dealer. If anything goes wrong, you risk irrevocable damage to the infotainment system. It's very important, for example, that the ignition ACC is not allowed to power off, or the engine restarted during the update process. You also have to be careful to use the correct version for your country and region.

Bear in mind that you can't vouch for the integrity of OS update files published on the Web illegally. Similarly, you have no idea if there is any malicious code, or unintentional coding mistakes, in hacked program files.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks JT, followed your instructions 'Reversing BEEP' over on the .co.uk forums. While looking for the buzzer (using a mirror rather than the contortionist thing) I saw on the bottom lip of the dash a 'white socket' that I presume is for servicing purposes. Can you and/or others elaborate on its use?

·
Registered
451 Posts
My concern when you rewrite the code in the system computer with one that contains someone else's hacks is that you might find that your warranty has been invalidated in the process. Can anyone comment on this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts