Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on tapping into the interior fuse block to power my Curt trailer wiring. The Curt harness requires that it be wired directly to the battery to have power at all times. The fuse required is a maximum of 10 amp. None of the existing fuses provide these requirements. Are any of the empty slots available for this. In Canada on my CX-3 GX Sport the empty slots are 1 to 4, 6, 9 and 13. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it's the custom fit wiring like the one described here: https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Mazda/CX-3/2016/C56300.html?vehicleid=201639299 then it uses a converter box that powers the trailer lights from the vehicle battery to eliminate the possibility of overloading the existing wiring.

I don't know the answer to your question about the spare fuse box slots, but I'm guessing that if that was practical, the Curt wiring would have been designed to tap into the fuse box rather than straight to the battery via the supplied fuse holder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Jtonline for your input. I had not thought of that possibility of Curt's design. I believe you are correct and I will not attempt to tap into the fuse block.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you Jtonline for your input. I had not thought of that possibility of Curt's design. I believe you are correct and I will not attempt to tap into the fuse block.
I installed Erich Jaeger wiring kit to my car (EU-Spec). It is connected to the in-cabin fuse box. I haven't had any problems or blown fuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts