Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ve tried late braking to see how the emergency stop works but nothing happen . I tought that the emergency stop option is off but it was on , anyone know about this please ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
If your are referring to the smart city braking, that only works in low speeds (<10mph) to prevent collisions at low speeds. The sensor senses whether or not you are paying attention and apply the brakes. Again the circumstances for this is less than 10mph and object (another car) is in front of you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed

If your are referring to the smart city braking, that only works in low speeds (<10mph) to prevent collisions at low speeds. The sensor senses whether or not you are paying attention and apply the brakes. Again the circumstances for this is less than 10mph and object (another car) is in front of you.
Worked for me, came to a grinding halt, buzzers and lights all going off, thankfully no damage.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
My info shows 2-19 mph. I'd be very careful experimenting with it though!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ve tried to experiment but nothing happend , but my cx3 have only 125 kms so I tried only a few times .

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've never tried it but it's activated on its own a couple times. Twice when it thought I was going to hit the entry arm to my office garage and once when someone jumped in and cut me off.

How are you testing yours?

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
What is wrong

I've never tried it but it's activated on its own a couple times. Twice when it thought I was going to hit the entry arm to my office garage and once when someone jumped in and cut me off.

How are you testing yours?
with people, why would you even have the slightest thoughts of driving at something in the hope that the car will stop.

Seriously WTF is wrong, have some responsibility for you own actions, do you know how much of a male appendage you would look like trying to explain that one to the authorities, oh yeah sorry but i thought I would try the automatic braking, but $#@* it did not work, now my car is stuffed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just another option

I ve only tried late braking once , I will try it next time hehe
maybe we could also turn off our ABS Brakes, drive at a brick wall and see how long it takes before we run into it, but please make sure you have a video of it and post it on youtube that way it may give those Russian Crash Camera Video's a run for their money.

Please these systems have been installed for Safety Reasons, IF anyone is thinking that their car is not working as it should, take it back to Mazda, they are the ones to answer these Questions, not for us to go out and try it to see what will happen.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
with people, why would you even have the slightest thoughts of driving at something in the hope that the car will stop.

Seriously WTF is wrong, have some responsibility for you own actions, do you know how much of a male appendage you would look like trying to explain that one to the authorities, oh yeah sorry but i thought I would try the automatic braking, but $#@* it did not work, now my car is stuffed.
I dunno, it depends on the pedestrian. >:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes mine is the updated version , with colour hud , heated steering , height adjustable passenger seat and much more . Yes I suppose that is with the updated SCBS

·
Registered
872 Posts

Huh, who's aiming at people?

·
Registered
745 Posts
How about setting-up a large piece of cardboard in a vacant parking lot ... or the silhouette of an ex-______

·
Registered
451 Posts
I finally got a chance to test my SCB system in my 2016 CX3 (not intentionally) and found that it actually works. I was toying with the audio unit and did not notice that my car was slowly drifting forward. I suddenly heard and felt the brakes activate with a grinding sound and my car came to a complete stop about a couple of cm from the car in front while I was still fiddling. "WAKE UP IDIOT!" appeared on the dash (actually not, but an amber light came on signifying that the automatic braking had been deployed by the computer, not by me. So, that makes me feel a bit better - knowing that it works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts