Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi To OZ Owners
Did any of the models in OZ come with electric folding wing mirrors or do you have to manually fold them. Its such a pain and the Mazda NZ say theres nothing that can be done. They say OZ only has manual too:( If OZ does can I please have a photo that I can show Mazda here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I know it later but I came across this because I'm looking at putting folding mirrors onto my future CX3.

I doesn't appear that any of the AUS or NZ CX3's come with folding mirrors.

However for Mazda to say there's "nothing that can be done" as opposed to "there's nothing we want to do" is a lie.

Oversea's models come with folding mirrors, therefore all that is required is getting a set of those or just the motors and wiring them up correctly.

I've done it before on my previous car that didn't come with folding mirrors :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hmmm, well maybe the answer should have been "it can be done but it will be expensive".

The motorised mirrors, operating switch and mods to the wiring along with the labour would probably equate to "there's nothing that can be done" in most people's opinion but it doesn't sound as customer friendly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its even weirder that we get electric mirrors over here, but no automatic folding.
Not an option i Norway on any Mazda models.

Really annoys me, i`ve had folding mirrors for the last 15 years i suppose, just assumed it was on my new - full spec Mazda too.
Cant get used to twisting the knob everytime i leave/enter the car. So stupid.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Its even weirder that we get electric mirrors over here, but no automatic folding.
Not an option i Norway on any Mazda models.

Really annoys me, i`ve had folding mirrors for the last 15 years i suppose, just assumed it was on my new - full spec Mazda too.
Cant get used to twisting the knob everytime i leave/enter the car. So stupid.
Auto-folding is new on the 2017 CX-3 Optimum (here in Denmark, so I think it's the same in Norway).
And You can buy a module for pre-2017, which adds auto-folding (Mazda CX-3 tilbehør).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts