Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was shocked to see Edmund's only gave the CX-3 a B.
Didn't like the ride, warranty, ergonomics and cargo space.
Wow

2016 Mazda CX-3 SUV Rating Details | Edmunds
Ergonomics
D
"7-inch infotainment screen standard all trims, but some functions require needless steps. Beautiful central tach, large digital speedo are pluses. Head-up display seems like afterthought. Front seatback adjustment lever requires firm hand."

In my biased opinion, this is goofy. Head-up display may not tickle their fancy but it is better than none which is what most cars have.
How could offering(not requiring) a feature never before found in this class possibly be a negative?

There is no mention of the toggle infotainment controller which instantly puts CX-3 ergos well above the rest of the class.

"seatback adjustment lever requires a firm hand" God help us!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the cargo space (rear seats up) of the CX-3 didn't help, especially when compared to the Honda HRV - along with its 'magic seats'. The other concern reviewers mention a lot is the rear legroom. But I think the CX3 comes through with fly colors in other respects, again compared to its competition. I think the CX3 will be a big draw for the right audience. The advanced active safety features on the GT as an available option will be a draw for GT buyers - just wish it was also offered an available option on the Touring trim.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some of the stuff her I agree with, but others I think they are off the mark. Personality - B? This car has much more personality than most others in its segment. Cost also got a B, which is strange as well I think. In the end it matters more what you think than what Edmunds does.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well ... Cargo space is horrible.
To be honnest, price is a little bit higher than it should be (GT model starts at $30,000 CAD - almost the same thing as the CX-5 GS).
Erogonmy could be a headach to people that are more than 6 foot 3 tall.

In fact, if you don't need much space, are ready to pay for it and feel comfortable in it, it's a great vehicule.
Even if it's only a 2.0L engine, the weight make you feel you drive something more powerfull that it should be.

Just saying, my friend bought a HRV recently and admit that the CX-3 has a better looking overall, exterior/interior, with the 18 inches wheels.
The only reason why he took the Honda, it's because this is his only car, so he needed more space.

As a second car, I pretty much like it !

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well ... Cargo space is horrible.
To be honnest, price is a little bit higher than it should be (GT model starts at $30,000 CAD - almost the same thing as the CX-5 GS).
Erogonmy could be a headach to people that are more than 6 foot 3 tall.

In fact, if you don't need much space, are ready to pay for it and feel comfortable in it, it's a great vehicule.
Even if it's only a 2.0L engine, the weight make you feel you drive something more powerfull that it should be.

Just saying, my friend bought a HRV recently and admit that the CX-3 has a better looking overall, exterior/interior, with the 18 inches wheels.
The only reason why he took the Honda, it's because this is his only car, so he needed more space.

As a second car, I pretty much like it !

Primary Family car: no
Primary car for singles or 2nd car for anybody. Perfect. (unless your first car is an MX-5)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I mean it depends on the size of your family. If your kids are pretty small still and/or you only have a few of them it could definitely work as a primary family vehicle.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ultimately people should view a vehicle and make up their own minds if it fits within their needs and if the price is justifiable. I certainly do not put any weight into what Edmunds or anyone else thinks.

And for those that think its too small, then buy something larger!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well said DJ9999. I found the CX-3 has totally fit every part of what I am needing in my life so far (given we have Rav4 if needed) for the space. This vehicle has been a complete joy so far to own (Yes less than a week) I am oddly excited to see how it handles Alberta Winter.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think Edmunds decided it was overpriced as it crept up too close in price to the Mazda3 at their top trim levels.

I am surprised Edmunds didn't remark more closely on the I-Activesense options because they look great.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well said DJ9999. I found the CX-3 has totally fit every part of what I am needing in my life so far (given we have Rav4 if needed) for the space. This vehicle has been a complete joy so far to own (Yes less than a week) I am oddly excited to see how it handles Alberta Winter.
Glad to hear that. One of the best deciding factor for a lot of people I feel will be through direct in person comparisons of the CX-3 and HR-V, they might just see the extra space of the HRV isn't all that needed for them. That among many other things.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Until we see what Ford and Toyota come out with it looks like a battle between CX-3 and HR-V. Aside from possibly Subaru I don't see any contenders of note in this class of vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts