Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 cx3 with 16" wheels now has dry rot on all 4 tires. I'm at 52k Miles but with plenty of meat on them still. Do you guys think I should be worried and replace the tires ? Btw it's Yokohama tires. Has anyone else noticed this on their tires?

Attachments

· Registered
688 Posts
Yea can confirm they are garbage, I had the yokohamas on the 18s and within 2 years and 12k miles its cracked and discolored. I was shocked that they are so expensive for replacements too which pretty much set forth my plan to replace them with bfg KO2 and get an entire new set of 16" wheels. Gotta love how mazda still uses them even though many are complaining about it because the bonuses from the manufacturer for promoting the brand as oem tire is more important than customer satisfaction and safety.

· Premium Member
549 Posts
It's kind of sad because Yokohama are a good brand... This is just a crap tire.

And for some reason, OE tires are always expensive despite being complete crap.

This reminds me: I need to sell my OE 18" wheels/tires. I already have 16" snows for the winter and a spare set of summers from my racecar that fit...

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
You can get that kind of cracking on any tyre. As long as you can’t see the wires anywhere, they are OK to run. However, you may find that your tyre distributor will be able to get a discount on new tyres of the same brand (Yokohama are as good as any other) based upon mileage and up to about 4 years old.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get that kind of cracking on any tyre. As long as you can’t see the wires anywhere, they are OK to run. However, you may find that your tyre distributor will be able to get a discount on new tyres of the same brand (Yokohama are as good as any other) based upon mileage and up to about 4 years old.

Why would I buy the same tire again?? I have never owned a tire that had such severe and extensive dry rot on all 4 tires after only 3 years. This tire is junk.

· Premium Member
109 Posts
You can get that kind of cracking on any tyre.
Nope. On a 3 year old tire? These yokos are a dumpster fire of a tire. Absolute garbage. Poor handling in pretty much every weather condition. They are a low budget tire designed for fuel economy, and the results show.

· Registered
451 Posts
I would have to wonder if something has happened at the Yoko production line. I had Avids on my old 2009 Subaru Forester and they did an excellent job. My daughter now has this car and they are still going. So I can't complain about the Avids as a whole. Now, whether the Avids that come on the CX3 are up to the same quality could be a question that needs to be asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.