Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presume most have DRL's (Daylight Driving Lights) already installed but, for those who don't, this is what I did.

Must say from the the start they're not that easy to install but with a little perseverance it's do-able as shown in the pics.

The unit I installed is made by PHILIPS 12830WLEDX1.

Be glad to give any other information if interested.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I like to see things done neatly. Good work Levi!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those look great and such a clean install. I am still thinking of placing an LED light bar down there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. As for the neat job I just followed the old saying, If a jobs worth doing it's worth....arr, you know what I mean :))

Oh, RAMPANT, just keep in mind the distance between the ldr's is a min 600 mm and max height is 1500mm.

May of course be different in the land of the Northern Lights.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks great! Props on a clean install.

I've been thinking of adding a light bar behind the grill...not sure if it would be possible though or how it would work out...
I can help to some extent. If you contemplate mounting the drl's behind the grill they would have to be mounted vertically right along the outer edge of the grill. They would have to be mounted this way to achieve the 600 mm distance between the two.

If you refer to my first pic and keep in mind that my drl's are 630mm apart then, imagine a line going straight up to the grill, that's where your drl's would be inside the grill.

The overall length of the unit I used (Philips 12830WLEDX1) is 5 inches (127mm). This unit would be hidden slightly top and bottom by the grill as well as be behind a few slats of the grill (don't know how much light would be lost). I'd guess that it would be bright enough but, (remember, that's guessing). If you were prepared to pull off the grill you could get away with fixing small flat bar/s (there is fixing available for the bar/s) to mount the units on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts