Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has replaced their halogen 9005 DRL Hi/Lo beam bulb with LED? I ordered a 9005 LED bulb but it only works as Hi beam. I confirmed the DRL is checked in the infotainment system. I just need to find one that works. There must be a 9005 LED conversion kit that works as DRL and high beam.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Of course it would be easier to just go to eBay ... they're probably all coming from China anyway ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Who has replaced their halogen 9005 DRL Hi/Lo beam bulb with LED? I ordered a 9005 LED bulb but it only works as Hi beam. I confirmed the DRL is checked in the infotainment system. I just need to find one that works. There must be a 9005 LED conversion kit that works as DRL and high beam.
Can you upload pic of yours... so we can avoid...

I see some adverse having DRL some not...

And please can you confirm that cx3 comes hi/drl with 9005/hb3 and not h15. Im away from home for the next mnoth and want to order now so it can arived when im at home.

I found this info about CX3 bulbs
https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5cb51e6001ce6/lighting system.pdf

P.s
Looks like H15 is correct light bulb to have DRL working, as per attached document

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there everyone

Here are the different OEM halogen bulbs on our CX3 2.0l Skyactive from France. It's a Elegance version, the base model.

Our model of lights is a little bit different from yours:

My DayLight Running lights, always on when the car is turned on even if lights are off, they are common W5W bulbs.

My LOW BEAMS bulbs, H11 just like you guys

Here are the HIGH BEAMS bulbs, it's a H15 bulb

Could you please help me out with the best upgrade solution in my case thanks ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there everyone

Here are the different OEM halogen bulbs on our CX3 2.0l Skyactive from France. It's a Elegance version, the base model.

Could you please help me out with the best upgrade solution in my case thanks ;)

I think it's very weird about you say the W5W bulb is DRL in your car.
It should be the "parking light", when you turn the light controller to the second section. the relly DRL will not work and instead of the "parking light" will turn on.
The really DRL should be the same bulb of H15. When light controller at the position of one section "Off".
Then you are in D position then the car speed over 15 km. The DRL will light on auto and the position is also on the High beam.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there everyone

My DayLight Running lights, always on when the car is turned on even if lights are off, they are common W5W bulbs.

My LOW BEAMS bulbs, H11 just like you guys

Here are the HIGH BEAMS bulbs, it's a H15 bulb

Anything that utilizes Cree or Philips led...

I put Philips bulbs passive cooling with ZES 1st gen chip for low beam. Perfect.
However i bought H15 for high beams and happens that my DRL is in low beam. So my high beams are HB3 , now i orderer noname HB3 bulb with Philips ZES 2gen active cooling. Will be ok for high beams/speeds, not daily driving for this type of car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
One advantage to getting the GT model I guess. My wife's GT has the LED lights standard and the DRL's look awesome; I drove ahead of her on a trip for 500 miles and sure could see those!

Good luck with your conversion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anything that utilizes Cree or Philips led...

I put Philips bulbs passive cooling with ZES 1st gen chip for low beam. Perfect.
However i bought H15 for high beams and happens that my DRL is in low beam. So my high beams are HB3 , now i orderer noname HB3 bulb with Philips ZES 2gen active cooling. Will be ok for high beams/speeds, not daily driving for this type of car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
How can you explain the 15/55W with only high beam?
The 15W is for drl the 55W will turn on when the switch push from for high beam.
The DRL which you mentioned will only turn on when the light switch on position 1. and mazda called it as parking light.

Light switch: position 0 = (low beam off/w5w off/ high beam off/DRL on when speed over 5 km)
position 1 = (low beam off/w5w on/high beam off/DRL off)
position 2 = (low beam on/w5w on/high beam off/DRL off)
position 2+push from = (low bean on/w5w on/high beam on/DRL off)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts