Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I'm new to the CX 3 forum and I'm hoping that some current or would be owners can help answer my questions. I'm actively shopping for a new CUV and the CX 3 is at the top of my list. My major concern is the driving position and seat comfort. I'm 6'4" 190 lbs. Are there any other tall drivers out there and I would love to hear your feedback. I live an active lifestyle (mountain biking, skiing, golf) and I know a roof ack will be a must buy. However, I live in the city and the vehicle is an ideal size.

In addition, how is the overall cabin noise at highway speeds? I traded in my 2013 MS3 for a 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I found the road noise of the MS3 excessive and the manual transmission (sorry to the manual transmission lovers) was annoying living in the city and fighting D.C. traffic. Also, I needed something more utilitarian. Believe it or not my Jeep was quieter at highway speeds, but not nearly as fun. Anyway, my Jeep has been full of problems and I can't wait to trade it in. I absolutely love the styling and features with the CX 3 and I'm trying to do my due diligence. Thank you in advance to all the CX 3 fans out there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Driving comfort is so subjective. I'm 6'3/200 and its very comfortable for me. But I'm longer legs, shorter torso. My coworker is 6'5 with a long torso and doesn't really fit. On a recent road trip I found it to be as comfortable as can be, especially with the limited adjustability of the seats.

Road noise is okay. I tolerate it fine on Seattle's beat up streets and don't find it bothersome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My spouse is 6'2", 200lb, mainly legs, and he said he finds it very comfortable. We recently did a road trip (he drove half of the way) and he was surprised at how well he fit. But you've got to test it for yourself!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm 5'5" and I can see out of it just fine. I kinda wish the seats went up a little higher though, but it works. Make sure you go for a test drive!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My husband is 6'6" and loves it. Me -- ha -- I am 5'3" and I love it. He has long legs -- and if I get in after he has been driving MY car, well, the seat is as far back as it could go and my feet don't come near the pedals!

·
Registered
137 Posts
My husband is 6'6" and loves it. Me -- ha -- I am 5'3" and I love it. He has long legs -- and if I get in after he has been driving MY car, well, the seat is as far back as it could go and my feet don't come near the pedals!
Same thing happens in my house. My wife is height challenged as well!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts