Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
There us a very big Nissan factory here in the UK and they have a seat manufacturer (Electrolux) on site making seats as a “just in time” process. Seats are made to order and meet the car on the line. I know that Meritor have a similar arrangement with the VW group in Germany. They have to come to these kinds of arrangements but nevertheless, they have to deal with any warranty that arrises and your contract is with your dealer. Threaten to get heavy if they don’t fix it. You can always take legal action.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Has this already been discussed ... raising the seat also moves it forward, closer to the steering wheel?

I guess it's logical for most (presumed shorter) people, but I'd prefer it go straight up.

Lament of longer legged, shorter trunked people ... with apologies to Randy Newman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a new CX-3 LTD in NZ which has the manual drivers seat that gradually sinks down and needs to be pumped up every couple of days. I'd like to know if your replacement seat base unit has now definitely solved the problem, Mazda tell me they haven't fixed the issue (as yet) and have sourced components for analysis to see what can be done. The seat height lever is very sensitive and only requires a minimum of touch to drop the seat by a small amount each time - which is what's happening each time we enter or exit the vehicle. The height adjuster seems to be very sensitive and really needs more free-play in the lever which would probably stop the issue. In the meantime, we have 'fixed' ours by using a 3M Command hook under the lever so it can't drop which has worked perfectly so far but of course the seat is now 'set' for one person - not quite what you expect on a brand new car!

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing has popped up TSB wise yet so let's hope they find a solution soon.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing has popped up TSB wise yet so let's hope they find a solution soon.
In my case the problem is all too obvious ... too many stones in the seat ... almost 14 stone. Unfortunately, implementing the solution has proven to be somewhat difficult ... especially in this holiday season.

In the meantime, to many, Merry Christmas ... and to everyone, Happy Holidays!

:laugh:

·
Registered
106 Posts
"Whole Lotta Rosie"

In my case the problem is all too obvious ... too many stones in the seat ... almost 14 stone. Unfortunately, implementing the solution has proven to be somewhat difficult ... especially in this holiday season.

In the meantime, to many, Merry Christmas ... and to everyone, Happy Holidays!

:laugh:
I wonder what she would do to our seats, weighing in at 19 stone...

That aside, I am near 16 stone (1.89 meters tall or is it metres?) and have no problem (then again, the seat is all the way down).

·
Registered
106 Posts
There us a very big Nissan factory here in the UK and they have a seat manufacturer (Electrolux) on site making seats as a “just in time” process. Seats are made to order and meet the car on the line. I know that Meritor have a similar arrangement with the VW group in Germany. They have to come to these kinds of arrangements but nevertheless, they have to deal with any warranty that arrises and your contract is with your dealer. Threaten to get heavy if they don’t fix it. You can always take legal action.
Is this the same Electrolux that manufactures vacuum cleaners? Though excellent machines, they weigh a couple stones. My mother swears by them and I think she got her first whilst we were in Europe. I am a Dyson man myself...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dead thread :--(

Has anyone had success in getting their dealer to correct the "Sinking Seat Syndrome"?

Likewise, does anyone know of a TSB ... or ?

My CX-3's a year old ... ready for the dealer's one-year inspection.

P.S. I've yet to snag a Recaro, but still working on it ... despite life's other challenges :--)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dead thread :--(

Has anyone had success in getting their dealer to correct the "Sinking Seat Syndrome"?

Likewise, does anyone know of a TSB ... or ?

My CX-3's a year old ... ready for the dealer's one-year inspection.

P.S. I've yet to snag a Recaro, but still working on it ... despite life's other challenges :--)

On the Recaro front, in case you've not seen this it will whet your appetite :)

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/fileadmin/CONTENT_NEW_WEBSITE/pdf/kataloge/en/recaro_gp_pkw_en.pdf

Guess it's a case of finding a distributor near where you live and seeing how easy it is / the cost of fitting your desired style into the CX-3

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Yes, there's a TSB. Its for CX-5 but the mechanism is the same. I’d take it to them.

Attachments

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yes, there's a TSB. Its for CX-5 but the mechanism is the same. I’d take it to them.
As always the Anchorman is The Man! We are 'Much Obliged!

Having the document will no doubt come in handy with my dealer. In addition, judging from the next to last paragraph, I might also need to lose weight and drive only on smooth roads. :--)

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
In addition, judging from the next to last paragraph, I might also need to lose weight and drive only on smooth roads. :--)
Well, I wasn't going to say ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Is this the same Electrolux that manufactures vacuum cleaners? Though excellent machines, they weigh a couple stones. My mother swears by them and I think she got her first whilst we were in Europe. I am a Dyson man myself...
Just seen this. Yes, same manufacturer!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm hoping I can resurrect this old thread and find a solution to this issue as I've hit a brick wall. I have a 2017 CX-3 (Right-Hand drive) with manual seat height adjustment. Long story, short: The driver's seat suffers from the same problem described in this thread and is now so bad that I have to adjust it every day. I've provided the CX-5 TSB to my dealer but since this doesn't "apply" to the CX-3, they can't do anything. Moreover, the car is out of warranty so I'm looking at an out of pocket repair.

The dealer has quoted some €700 for the replacement part (yikes!); an amount I'm not willing to spend at this stage. After quite a bit of research, I discovered that the part number (at least in the UK and EU) seems to be DG1J88H00A. A google search suggests the price is similar elsewhere.

The above being said, when I look up on partsouq.com the part indicated by anchorman (88-61X) earlier in this thread, the part number given seems to be D09T-88-A00. On US sites, this seems to retail for around $183...something I could bring myself to spend. This though raises several questions in my head such as, why the different parts numbers, would they be the same/compatible, and would an adjuster sourced in the US for the passenger side (LHD) work on my driver side (RHD)?

I thought of providing the above information on the off-chance anyone has some bright ideas and/or suggestions. Needless to say, I'd also be happy with any other solutions including a DiY repair job if someone has had any luck with this.

·
Registered
09/2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
122 Posts
That TSB is for a 2017 CX-3. In the UK, Mazda will usually repair known issues like this outside the warranty period for 5 years under their goodwill policy, providing it's got a full service history carried out within the Mazda franchised dealer network.

Note that on the CX-5 repair guidance it states "...please understand that even for the modified seat lift unit, it may be difficult to prevent the symptom completely when the vehicle is driven under conditions that promote shock/vibration to the seat. Understanding all of the above mentioned, please adjust the seat height manually even when the problem occurred with the modified seat lift unit. For enjoyable driving in the best driving position, it is recommended to confirm the seat position and adjust it as necessary every time before driving..."

Perhaps you could cobble together some sort of chock under the seat to stop it being able to drop from the desired height? But what ever you do, make sure it doesn't affect safety.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts