Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm short and like the driver's seat as high as it will go. But after a few days I'll realize that it's dropped down quite a bit and I have to pump it back up again. I've gotten to the point where I just raise the seat every morning.

Anyone else notice this? It's kind of annoying. Is it a quick fix or am I going to be without a car for a week? (I've had it about two months now.)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You need to let the dealer look. It's just a ratchet and a clutch and it sounds like the clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finally got it to the dealer and they said they "ran a program on it" but weren't able to see what I was talking about. What kind of program do you run on a manually-adjustable seat? Just a rhetorical question, I guess. I take this to mean they have no idea what the problem is and are just trying to put me off until the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You should've put them on the spot for saying they ran a program. They probably didn't even look at the problem.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Maybe they meant they were looking to see if it was a known issue, any service bulletins etc. which would help them diagnose the issue when stating they ran a program.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should've put them on the spot for saying they ran a program. They probably didn't even look at the problem.
Coulda shoulda woulda, but I'm just a dumb girl and honestly don't know if there really is a "program" you can run on a seat. Sounded like total crapola to me, but these new cars are beyond me. Maybe there is.

Didn't really like the dealership anyway (they didn't look at my flexible oil setting, either, which has been stuck at 90% for 6,500 miles), so I'll just take it to another one when I have a few more hours to kill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know if you hear anything, as I have been having the same problem. I was planning on asking at my first oil change.
They said they couldn't duplicate the problem and suggested leaving it with them for several days. I think it needs to have steady weight in the seat for it to happen so I don't think they're going to figure it out. It's not so severe that I can't live with it so I'm just going to let it go.

But please let me know if you get yours fixed or figured out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

Did you ever get this fixed - I'm sure I have read on this forum, and I can't find it, a tech bulletin that as you get into and out of the car the driver pushes the lever.

I didn't think I did until I was conscious of it - the lever is quite large and can easily be pushed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mines doing this its going in the dealers today so I'll keep you posted of what they say or try to put me off. It takes a couple of day to lower completely by the most annoying thing is I have to keep adjusting my mirrors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well took the car to the dealer today and got the standard reply that they could not find anything wrong with the seat and it was only the cx5 that had the problem and they have a technical bulletin for that...and that I might be kicking the lever. Not happy with that and have sent an email to Mazda about getting the problem fixed. Lets wait and see what the response is

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well this is the dream Mazda service. Had a call from Mazda NZ today and they will fly in a new part today and fix the seat problem and test why its happening. How good is that guys...If you cant get this service from your country's Mazda them move here to NZ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm short and like the driver's seat as high as it will go. But after a few days I'll realize that it's dropped down quite a bit and I have to pump it back up again. I've gotten to the point where I just raise the seat every morning.

Anyone else notice this? It's kind of annoying. Is it a quick fix or am I going to be without a car for a week? (I've had it about two months now.)

Thanks!
Exactly my experience too! Took it to the dealer today to have it looked at. Told me I was pressing down on the lever when I got in and out! I laughed and said OK. Don't buy that at all. Wouldn't everyone have this same problem if it was that easy. Now that I see I'm not the only one with the problem, I will be taking it back again.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Exactly my experience too! Took it to the dealer today to have it looked at. Told me I was pressing down on the lever when I got in and out! I laughed and said OK. Don't buy that at all. Wouldn't everyone have this same problem if it was that easy. Now that I see I'm not the only one with the problem, I will be taking it back again.
I once asked a Service Manager for a mirror, for apparently it was written on my forehead, "STUPID ... You can tell this guy anything!"

If we just had a parts diagram the probability of a slipping clutch could be readily explained.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'll look later after work.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Well........

It looks like they only do a seat base sub assembly. There is no greater detail I’m afraid.

It says 88-61X - Adjuster unit (non serviceable) when I hover over it with the mouse - thats what the star means.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I reckon if you were determined enough you could pull that apart and fix it. How hard can it be?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well........

It looks like they only do a seat base sub assembly. There is no greater detail I’m afraid.

It says 88-61X - Adjuster unit (non serviceable) when I hover over it with the mouse - thats what the star means.

––– SNIP –––
Anchorman is THE MAN!

Looks to me as though the "seat base sub-assembly" is a single unit, includes horizontal and vertical adjusters ... presumably Mazda subcontracts these from a third party ... all with consequent implications for warranty replacement.

P.S. Actually the entire seat assemblies, complete with upholstery, are probably sub-contracted.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts