Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just recently purchased a 152 (late 2015) cx3 1.5 diesel. Everything going well for the last month until yesterday while doing a round trip to the airport (177 Km,s each way). Halfway through the journey back down the flashing orange DPF light came on so I reduced speed from 120 KM/h to 90, no difference in engine performance so I increased the speed a bit more and I got home without any further issues. After doing a bit of research online I checked the oil level which looks fine and connect a obd scanner to the ecu. The scanner comes back with no logged faults or no historic faults, I have the option to clear faults which I do and the DPF light is cleared. After this I took the car for a warm up spin to the duel carriageway where I drove it in 4 gear, 2500 rpm at 90 KM/h for 15 minutes. All is still good with the car today but I am just looking for some advise as to why the light came on as I did read about it being displayed as a service warning light online. Any advice appreciated. I don't recommend clearing faults from the ECU as I did, but I took a chance on it as there was no logged faults and I do feel that if there is an issue with the DPF the light will came on again.
Thanks,
Michael.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Sir

This is my opinion the DPF light on is because of the trip of DPF clean is to short between this time and last time. You can try to use FORScan app to touch off DPF clean function, but it will take 30 minutes at least. You need to find a open area because it may have amount of smoke during this processing. After this processing, you should change the oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts