Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one big beef about the startup behaviour of the CX3. Once underway, I notice that all the doors lock. OK, that would make car-jackers pause a second or two, and it would prevent kids from opening the doors from the inside.

However, I have a horror of being trapped inside a car with no way out after an accident. When I hear the clunk of the doors locking it bothers me a bit. Is there any way to defeat this "safety feature?"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Read your Owners Manual, Section 9-10 titled Personalization Features. Lot's of customizing to your tastes. Auto-door locking is just one of the many items you can customize.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes plenty of features can be enabled/disabled/changed through the settings menu. I generally just go through all the settings without looking at the owner's manual, its a better way to see what your car can do and what settings are available.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done! Thanks guys.

I would attempt to read the manual, but at my age my A.D.D. acts up and I find it hard to get past the first chapter...

·
Registered
303 Posts
3-11 of the owner's manual
 (Door unlock (control) system with collision detection)   This system automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.   The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other conditions of the accident.   If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There is another nice feature that applies the brakes if the vehicle is rear ended. This prevents a dazed driver from running into the back of another car.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm a big fan of the keeping the FOB in my pocket. I like to use the bottom on the door handle and the feature that auto-locks my car when i walk away from it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is another nice feature that applies the brakes if the vehicle is rear ended. This prevents a dazed driver from running into the back of another car.
It would be interesting to find out if this is yet another technology that is included in European cars but left off North American cars. Like smart braking and adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That does sound like a great feature, especially since I've been rear ended a number of times over the years, although fortunately I only ran into the back of the car in front of me on one of those occasions.

I was also wondering, like Geezer, if this was a standard safety feature, or something that requires you to have the city braking feature. Is it something I can check in the owners manual once I get my CX-3?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
As long as your car has DSC (you will have the push button on the dash) you have the secondary collision system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks! The model I'm getting does have DSC. I'm not sure why, but it seems that DSC is only available on the automatics in South Africa, and our top of the range model is only available as an auto. The entry and mid level specs can be bought with a manual transmission, which would have been my first choice.

Bringing the thread back on topic, I see that there are a huge number of options for the automatic door locking. My current vehicle locks the doors when I reach around 10km/h. I'm thinking I'll probably set the CX-3 to do the same, although I may try the option that locks the doors once you move out of Park, and unlocks them once you return the gear selector back to the Park position.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I left the key fob in the car in the garage to see if the car would warn me about leaving the fob in the car.

It didn't. I did not lock the doors of course, and neither did the car.

In the manual, it says nothing about warnings for leaving the key in the car, only that if left in the car, the fob is disabled so that no one getting in the car can start it or do anything else. I went inside for 15 minutes.

When I went back to the car, the fob did not disable. It worked fine without having to hit the unlock button to re-engage the fob sensors.

I looked through the settings and there is nothing about warnings for leaving the key fob in the car.

Hm.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Has anyone been able to make the doors lock automatically in Australia? the Australian instruction manual is different to the one linked on this forum, particularly since we do not have that door lock switch itself, rather with it being in front of the door handle. I can not see this listed as a feature in the manual.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has anyone been able to make the doors lock automatically in Australia? the Australian instruction manual is different to the one linked on this forum, particularly since we do not have that door lock switch itself, rather with it being in front of the door handle. I can not see this listed as a feature in the manual.
We have the same in Denmark.
I asked the dealer about it and You can't make the doors lock automatically when You drive, if You haven't got the lock switch.
My previous car locked itself when it hit 20 km/h, but no such luck on my CX-3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts