Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up the wife's Honda this morning reminded me I sure wish someone made the equivalent protectors for the CX-3. All the painted surfaces covered ... from the tarmac to the interior.
You could probably even mount your fancy-dancy lighted plates over these :)
(OK, OK, quoting Mom, "If wishes were carriages beggars would ride".)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Cleaning up the wife's Honda this morning reminded me I sure wish someone made the equivalent protectors for the CX-3. All the painted surfaces covered ... from the tarmac to the interior.
You could probably even mount your fancy-dancy lighted plates over these :)
(OK, OK, quoting Mom, "If wishes were carriages beggars would ride".)
I like the idea, but that just looks cheap :( . If those were on the CX-3 I would have removed them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like the idea, but that just looks cheap :( . If those were on the CX-3 I would have removed them.
Cheap you say … you don’t think they would compliment my Pilotensitz? Besides, IMO they’re not as cheap-looking as the OEM CX-3 sill plates.

Seriously, about the only thing I’ve seen that would look decent and do the job on the CX-3 is a generic sheet of cut-to-fit, clear vinyl.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Seriously, about the only thing I’ve seen that would look decent and do the job on the CX-3 is a generic sheet of cut-to-fit, clear vinyl.
This is a good idea. I don't scratch up the sills on the CX-3, and I am not even trying. I guess the seat position/ride height work out well enough that I always clear the sills. My wife on the other hand.... I know which shoe she is wearing based on the color of the rubber streaks left on the sill plate.......

I got these off ebay when I got the car:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Mazda-CX-3-DK-Aluminium-Scuff-Plate-Set-DK11-AC-SP-CX3-/201353366042

I recall them being much cheaper a few years back, but I much prefer the Australian market sills to the ones they sell in the US.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree on the shoe gender of sill scrapers ... unfortunately, my Missus tends to slap her shoes against the rocker panel, especially during winter's snow and slush.

Needless-to-say, your sill guards are certainly more elegant than our HR-V versions ... but I'm still looking :)

Reactions: TiGrayMSM

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Needless-to-say, your sill guards are certainly more elegant than our HR-V versions ... but I'm still looking :)
I think I paid around $100 for them, and that is the most they are worth. The OE ones that Mazda sells look tacky and cost $80 for two little pieces of trim. No thanks. There aren't too many choices. I think buying some XPEL film or the like and applying to the sills is a solid option.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
235 Posts
Agree on the shoe gender of sill scrapers ... unfortunately, my Missus tends to slap her shoes against the rocker panel, especially during winter's snow and slush.

Mazda UK sell these door entry protection clear foil items for £30. They are for all 4 doors and I presume have a sticky backing for fitting. They cover all the horizontal part and part of the vertical part of the door opening. The only problem is I doubt they'll post to the USA :(

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-3/2015-02/safety-protection-/DC3LV1370A/

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mazda UK sell these door entry protection clear foil items for £30. They are for all 4 doors and I presume have a sticky backing for fitting. They cover all the horizontal part and part of the vertical part of the door opening. The only problem is I doubt they'll post to the USA :(

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-3/2015-02/safety-protection-/DC3LV1370A/
Thank you ... looks like a good start. But from the illustration, it appears the film still doesn't cover all the painted surfaces.

Back to the generic sticky-backed-vinyl :-(

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Go to one of these vinyl wrapping places that do vans etc. They’ll wrap thos sills in clear or black in about 10 minutes.

Reactions: st3v3cx-3

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you ... looks like a good start. But from the illustration, it appears the film still doesn't cover all the painted surfaces.

Back to the generic sticky-backed-vinyl :-(
If you don't need the rear ones then maybe you could use those on the lower parts of the front door opening? Not sure how pre-formed they are re the fold. This UK company also sells them and ships overseas. Doesn't quote the delivery cost but can't be too much as they must weigh a feather to offset the size - if they come wrapped up in a roll even better :)

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/dc3l-v1-370a-mazda-cx-3-door-entry-protection-foil/

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If you don't need the rear ones then maybe you could use those on the lower parts of the front door opening? Not sure how pre-formed they are re the fold. This UK company also sells them and ships overseas. Doesn't quote the delivery cost but can't be too much as they must weigh a feather to offset the size - if they come wrapped up in a roll even better :)

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/dc3l-v1-370a-mazda-cx-3-door-entry-protection-foil/
Thank you ... interesting approach, I'll take some measurements and look into it.

P.S. In two years, I believe only one person (small) has ever sat in the back seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts