Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is essentially Mazda's only value proposition, but I can't help but question if sportiness is really whats selling cars in segment. Me thinks not...

Though attractive design is a big selling point for Mazda vehicles, it is the sporty driving dynamics — which the 2016 CX-3 should inherit — that most set them apart from competitors. The difference in steering feel, suspension tuning and throttle response that is Mazda’s signature ought to draw some buyers from the blander choices.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that design is definitely a big part of it. if you make a great vehicle that's ugly, I don't think sales will be stellar. The driving is a big part too. I'd say the looks get you into the car, and the driving dynamics make you buy it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that people want to be in a "sporty" car even if they aren't buying a sports car. It makes them feel like their car is more exciting and less pedestrian.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Several cars have the basic features I am looking for - CX-3, HR-V, Crosstrek and Q3.

Reliability is my top criteria. I put CX-3 and HR-V as equal; Crosstrek and Q3 a notch below.

Then comes handling (sportiness). The CX-3 will be miles ahead of the HR-V.

Everything else being equal, for me, sportiness, is what will differentiate the CX-3.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Several cars have the basic features I am looking for - CX-3, HR-V, Crosstrek and Q3.

Reliability is my top criteria. I put CX-3 and HR-V as equal; Crosstrek and Q3 a notch below.

Then comes handling (sportiness). The CX-3 will be miles ahead of the HR-V.

Everything else being equal, for me, sportiness, is what will differentiate the CX-3.
Funny how the Q3 isn't even the most preferred. Is that because of what it is, or the price that it is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny how the Q3 isn't even the most preferred. Is that because of what it is, or the price that it is?
I have been following Q3 forums and some VW forums for cars that use the 2.0l turbo. There are a lot of complaints about oil consumption. Some even say that it is the norm.

Furthermore there are complaints about their DSG transmission. Several reports that the transmission refuses to engage and sometimes stops abruptly on the highway. There have been accidents and law suits.
Drive - Audi Recall | Volkswagen DSG Recall Extends to Audi

·
Registered
83 Posts
And that oil consumption can get expensive. I have had a vehicle (old) that burns oil and topping that up from my experience did get a bit pricey, more than it should be.

Best to avoid any extra unnecessary costs you can before you become more obligated to stick to it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've never really thought of oil consumption as a factor in my buying decision. How much does it eat up? Even if it goes through oil a bit faster, I would be surprised if it made oil changes much more frequently needed to the point that is was a big deal. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you top it up

it's not like every time your oil is running low with hundreds or thousands of miles to go for an oil change that you go for an oil change. If it's bad enough that you might as well get a whole oil service done... then you shouldn't be driving it... if under warranty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been following Q3 forums and some VW forums for cars that use the 2.0l turbo. There are a lot of complaints about oil consumption. Some even say that it is the norm.

Furthermore there are complaints about their DSG transmission. Several reports that the transmission refuses to engage and sometimes stops abruptly on the highway. There have been accidents and law suits.
Drive - Audi Recall | Volkswagen DSG Recall Extends to Audi
I'm fairly certain NA Q3's don't have the 7 speed DSG but the 6 speed tiptronic..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts