Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I've bought some LED door scuffs on AlieExpress, does someone know how to connect them properly?
I know Mazda has his own LED door scuffs ass well so it should be possible to connect (maybe easily?).

If anyone knows how to do that, it would be very helpfull!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I recall seeing a CX-5 lighted door scuff installation pdf ... should be about the same.

Google :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Just hook them into a sidelight feed. The proper Mazda ones come with instructions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all.
I've installed them already, they fit well and work properly.
I made the connection with the overhead maplights, so i kinda connect to the socket of the bulb and runned some wires down the pillars (on both sides).
After made that connection, it was easily to connect al 4 doorsteps to the overhead maplights which means the lights come on togheter with them.

After all it's easy to install and there might be other "proper" ways to install it, but as far as i know, this is the best way to do it on this car.
The only second suitable option i can imagine is, try to connect with the factory cables for "foot illumination" (but i don't know how).

You can't connect them in the way Mazda would do it with their own doorsteps because they work with a battery and so on.

If anyone is intrested or has some questions, feel free to ask!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BibvnNTjCY7/?taken-by=cx3_thomatter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts