Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought my CX-3 4 days ago. I read about the infamous armrest weeks ago. The biggest issue that I have with it is that it feels flimsy and squeaks when I lean my arm on it. Now after reading the posts in this thread, I'm considering removing just the armrest and leaving the cup holder. I'll see what it looks like after I remove the armrest. I'm also considering going to an upholstery shop to see if they can offer me options. If I put anything else in that area, I would like it to be black leather to match the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just did in responce to e-mail question. Remove pivot pin(nut and bolt) pop end caps with small screw driver or knife. Brackec cover unsnaps. Undo 3 bolts-front takes extension and universal. Remove bracket and replace bolts. Order part No. DO9W-64-470-02 from your dealer--about $10 American.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just did in responce to e-mail question. Remove pivot pin(nut and bolt) pop end caps with small screw driver or knife. Brackec cover unsnaps. Undo 3 bolts-front takes extension and universal. Remove bracket and replace bolts. Order part No. DO9W-64-470-02 from your dealer--about $10 American.
You all realize that this is like a bunch of starving paupers (us in Canada) being forced to watch you rich folk toss away bread crusts just because they bother your teeth, right? :crying: :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of plastic is used in the Armrest? I broke mine and I was wanting to do some plastic bonding with MEK, Testors, or some sort of plastic cement.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Us in Canada, we're doing the reverse operation...taking off the change box and putting in the armrest :D
The arm rest is disappointing. Once you have it installed, you will understand. I still prefer having vs not, but a terrible design it sure is.

Reactions: Malks

·
Registered
61 Posts
who has the part number for the cover once you get rid of the arm rest? mine broke and i want to just remove it.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Have a look at posts 17 and 18 in this thread.

Reactions: tyreno91

·
Registered
2016 CX-3 GT, Soul Red, 28k miles as of July 2021.
13 Posts
Thx all for the posts here as to the lousy armrests. I have a 2016, and the armrest hinge point cracked. The thing also gets in my way when doing some 'spirited' driving. Decided to just remove it and replace with the tray thingy. Took two hrs to get it out, but did it even w/o the u-joint wrench arm I didn't have, for that last screw more inside the console.
Ordered the tray to replace it, with 'carbon fibre' look too. 10 bucks. All the info here helped me get this out and also tell me where/how to replace it with the tray. New here as to a login et all (see intros) but long time viewer, and appreciate all the knowledge and help I have gotten!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I also removed the tray and installed the arm rest. Although it is not as strong as the one in my previous Tribute I do like having somewhere to rest my arm. Just don't put too much weight on it. I'm keeping the tray I removed when I installed it just in case I need to remove it in the future.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also removed the tray and installed the arm rest. Although it is not as strong as the one in my previous Tribute I do like having somewhere to rest my arm. Just don't put too much weight on it. I'm keeping the tray I removed when I installed it just in case I need to remove it in the future.
Ya my wife, riding shotgun, would push hard down on the arm rest to adjust in her seat. Eventually that cracked the unit. Now with it gone, I told do not push down on the CONSOLE to do same LOL. So far so good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya my wife, riding shotgun, would push hard down on the arm rest to adjust in her seat. Eventually that cracked the unit. Now with it gone, I told do not push down on the CONSOLE to do same LOL. So far so good!
Thx all for the posts here as to the lousy armrests. I have a 2016, and the armrest hinge point cracked. The thing also gets in my way when doing some 'spirited' driving. Decided to just remove it and replace with the tray thingy. Took two hrs to get it out, but did it even w/o the u-joint wrench arm I didn't have, for that last screw more inside the console.
Ordered the tray to replace it, with 'carbon fibre' look too. 10 bucks. All the info here helped me get this out and also tell me where/how to replace it with the tray. New here as to a login et all (see intros) but long time viewer, and appreciate all the knowledge and help I have gotten!
Got and installed the plastic coin tray (carbon fibre look to match rest of the interior). Looks way way better and seemingly looks more 'roomy' in the cabin w/o that 'Mt. Rainer' (I am from WA lol) armrest 'Rube Golberg' design. Thx to you all I found out how to remove the armrest mess and find the tray too!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts