Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Bought but two days ago and struggling through all the electronics.
I found a power lift gate switch on the lift gate but activation capability is present neither on the fob nor on the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel.
Is this something I should have bought separately?
Does this feature actually exist on the CX-3?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
To my knowledge there is no power lift gate for the CX-3. I know for sure that mine does not.

·
Registered
304 Posts
On a side note, the lock for the liftgate on the CX-3 is a little tricky. Whenever I thought I'd locked it then went to test, I found it unlocked and without a beep. Guessing this was due to electronic key fob proximity. Gotta go test without having the key nearby.

·
Registered
60 Posts
On a side note, the lock for the liftgate on the CX-3 is a little tricky. Whenever I thought I'd locked it then went to test, I found it unlocked and without a beep. Guessing this was due to electronic key fob proximity. Gotta go test without having the key nearby.
I had the same thought/concern when I first checked my liftgate. No way to test the locking with the fob nearby. Put my fob away and then the liftgate lock (the button to the right of the liftgate release) finally did lock the car and also when I used the door buttons to lock the car the liftgate was locked.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same thought/concern when I first checked my liftgate. No way to test the locking with the fob nearby. Put my fob away and then the liftgate lock (the button to the right of the liftgate release) finally did lock the car and also when I used the door buttons to lock the car the liftgate was locked.
I've not fished around for the liftgate lock just yet. Earlier today I simply locked the car so that the lights flashed and a beep sounded, walked away, put key fob on a table 20 feet away then walked back to find the lift gate locked.
Thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wondered today what that button was for ...
With the FOB on you with that button you can unlock the lift gate alone, open and close it without unlocking the doors.
With the FOB on you it can also be used to lock all doors as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.