Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!
It looks like the left disc brake have been torn on the edges of the disc and only like 1/3 of the disc brake. Looks like the disc "dropps down" at the edges...Hard to explain, but if you look at the images then you probably understand what I mean.

Anyone got an ide of what this can be?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not understanding what the issue is. Its really hard to see what the issue is especially when the wheel is on. Is it making noise or anything else unusual than just looks weird. And if you can point out the actual area of interest is by highlighting it, it may help clarifying this.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
At last, a brake problem. All my years in testing and development of brakes have come to fruition!

Don't worry Peter, that is where the disc manufacturer has removed some material to reduce weight and balance the disc. The black coating visible there and just behind the wheel is a chemical dip that turns the exposed parts black instead of unsightly rust.

Ancs.

Reactions: DJ9999

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
At last, a brake problem. All my years in testing and development of brakes have come to fruition!

Don't worry Peter, that is where the disc manufacturer has removed some material to reduce weight and balance the disc. The black coating visible there and just behind the wheel is a chemical dip that turns the exposed parts black instead of unsightly rust.

Ancs.
Good to hear that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.