Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the warning that pops up in the heads up display each and every time you start the car? Beyond annoying at this point!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@DJ9999 - it's the generic warning that pops up right after the Mazda logo on the heads up display when you start the vehicle. It basically gives the Warning about driving distracted...blah...blah...blah. It eventually times out on it's own or you can hit ok to expedite. It's just annoying that it comes on each and every time.

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Why bother about it as the warning on the Infotainment/Navigation center display goes away on its own after a couple of seconds. Kind of funny with the reddish (I think) "I AGREE" box, which goes away without having to acknowledge it. Almost like Mazda saying: "you WILL agree". This is so much better than my Acura MDX, where a similar message on startup stayed for 30 seconds waiting for the driver to physically acknowledge it (by pressing the center ENTER knob). If the driver never hit "enter" by pressing the knob within the strict 30-second limit, the navigation screen would go blank (as in totally dark). Drove me and thousands of other MDX owners nuts. There was a hack devised for this by another owner, but after a couple of brave (or foolish) individuals tried it (and disabled their navigation), the poster then took it down.

·
Registered
893 Posts
@skyking, the point is to reduce it from the ridiculously long 3 seconds. The infotainment system is already slow to start compared to many other cars, and 3 additional seconds is like adding insult to injury. It's stupid and unnecessary, and at the very least there should be an option to turn it off.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't find the "warning" particularly bothersome. While its displayed, I'm usually fastening my seatbelt, place my phone by the brake and look around at my surroundings before going into reverse. By this time, the warning is gone and system is almost booted.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess it is the driver's state of mind. I don't mind the warning most of the time, but when I am in a real hurry to get somewhere and need to use my navigation, It bothers the hell out of me!

·
Registered
142 Posts
@skyking, the point is to reduce it from the ridiculously long 3 seconds. The infotainment system is already slow to start compared to many other cars, and 3 additional seconds is like adding insult to injury. It's stupid and unnecessary, and at the very least there should be an option to turn it off.
Yes, Greaseman85, :mad:I hear you. All I was saying is that, compared to my last vehicle (Acura MDX), the Mazda system boots up quick enough for me. With the old Honda/Acura system, which they no longer use, you had to perform a manual operation to complete the nav boot. THAT was a royal pain.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually, while driving this evening, one thought did occur to me regarding the infotainment system controls: I wish that, once the lower buttons on the navigation screen were hidden, they would stay hidden regardless of the car being shutoff and restarted (which necessitates re-hiding those buttons).

·
Registered
220 Posts
There is a couple of options.

One as referenced earlier removed it completely and another that just changes the time it shows to a second.

I have tried both and in the end i stayed with the one that just reduces the time it displays.

My experience with the one that completely removes it is that it caused the system to not do the fast start if it has not been shut down for an extended period.

I covered both in my thread a while back.

Fairly easy to do,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts