Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick heads up. If you haven't noticed, the seals at the bottom of the doors are a very effective dirt trap. If left to collect it could cause corrosion so be sure to wash it off periodically.

· Registered
87 Posts
Good to know, thx

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice tip, Anchorman. Cheers.

I've similarly noticed dirt collecting on the _inside_ edges of the hatchback door.
Yes, me too but I do that when I'm leathering (I have a tatty old Auto Glym synthetic leather) the car after washing. The grit under the doors is very course so I tend to open the doors wide and get them with the pressure washer when I rinse off the snowfoam. If I didn't have a pressure washer, I would use the hose pipe and a soft brush.

Walmart and Target do really good soft brushes. I wouldn't use them on the paint but the short one is good for wheels and the long one is good for doing sills without getting a stiff back. I will put photos up as they are worth a look. Anyone with alloy wheels needs a Daytona Speedmaster brush too!

· Registered
304 Posts
Yes, me too but I do that when I'm leathering (I have a tatty old Auto Glym synthetic leather) the car after washing. The grit under the doors is very course so I tend to open the doors wide and get them with the pressure washer when I rinse off the snowfoam. If I didn't have a pressure washer, I would use the hose pipe and a soft brush.

Walmart and Target do really good soft brushes. I wouldn't use them on the paint but the short one is good for wheels and the long one is good for doing sills without getting a stiff back. I will put photos up as they are worth a look. Anyone with alloy wheels needs a Daytona Speedmaster brush too!
We don't do much leathering here in the States. It's a bit too kinky for folks on a budget.

I use microfibre ...erm... microfiber cloths (one wet, one dry) at the car wash after the car is out the tunnel as it were. This is whilst the peons are smudging my windows and mirrors for their pittance, mind.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A steam cleaner might but not cold water. You mean the waxy substance that is oozing out of the door drain holes right?

· Registered
451 Posts
I direct a low-power stream of water exactly to the same area until the water runs clear. Note also that the there are two drain holes at the bottom of the inside of the door, one at the front and the other at the back. I direct the stream into the back hole and watch the water come out of the hole at the front until it also runs clear. A blast of compressed air in the front hole helps to finish the cleanout.

Reactions: anchorman
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.