Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m waiting for a 1.5 diesel powered SportNav auto with AWD in Soul Red.

My car is currently on a ship and should get here in August but no date yet. Delivering cars is complicated and when several thousand are onboard, the ship may stop off in several countries on its way here. All I know is that from the chassis/VIN no that it was built in February and has spent its infancy in various stages of transit.

I’ve been a RAV4 man for many years but the latest model is just too big for me and the mrs. Looking around, I believe that the CX3 is the best compact SUV available and Mazda have worked wonder since they detached themselves from Ford.

Ive studied the technical aspects of this vehicle in detail and it has the makings of a very good SUV.

Look forward to conversing on progress.

ancs

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think most people are deciding between the CX3 and the HRV. I think the CX3 ha some more personality and also seems to be more fun to drive.

Do let us know when your CX3 arrives.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oldboy.

Here in the UK, the HRV will not be offered in AWD. that takes it out of the equation for me as I live in a snowy area and I have to be reliable at work. I suspect the reason is to do with packaging the AWD mechanics in a right hand drive as they will offer it in Europe.

In any case, the CX3 pips it on looks and gives the HRV a good run on specification.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HRV is known for being more practical so that is something to consider between the two of them, ultimately seeing both in person is the best thing to do. Fortunately at this stage in the process its easier than ever to see both in person, just maybe not at the same location.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Seems like a big mistake to not offer the HRV with AWD in the UK. The HRV could argue that it is the most practical but not having AWD kinda puts the kibosh on that.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been informed that mine will complete its journey by mid August ready for Sept 1st delivery.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Seems like a big mistake to not offer the HRV with AWD in the UK. The HRV could argue that it is the most practical but not having AWD kinda puts the kibosh on that.
And scooping up that extra demand will help position them better i can bet, since there is of course that portion of the market that wants the perks of AWD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts