Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious to know if owners opted for any sort of Rust proofing on their CX3 this season? I didn't do the undercoat (black spray) from the dealership, considered taking it to Krown for Oil Spray but didnt necessarily want the oil drip JUST YET.

The anti-rust module from past experience is a complete waste.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I used Tetroseal which is a spray on wax that dries a bit like partially melted tacky candle wax.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's a blog post that might be helpful, as apart from the writer's experience/recommendations, it links to Canadian Forces Defence Research testing of corrosion control programs, including consumer products such as Krown and Corrosion Free (which Canadian Tire and others apply, is clear, 'eco-friendly' and supposedly 'drip-free' - it's not, but it is more viscous in my experience than Krown or Rust Check, so reduces dripping somewhat, and highly rated in the CF testing). Note the author's warning re: having it applied at Canadian Tire and the suggestion to seek out an independent shop:

Which Rust Proofing Service Is Best? | HowToSaveMoney.ca

·
Registered
5 Posts
I traded in a 2009 Pontiac Vibe ( had the black 10 year undercoat) that had no rust at all. Never had any other product applied. Looking at the side effects (rubber seals), I am having a hard time justifying getting anything like Krown.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When we bought our CX-3 new the next stop the car went was to my buddy's place (he owns and run a Krown business) to get it sprayed.

Since I'm on the in's with the owner I basically tell him how to spray the car. I generally have them take it easy around the weatherstrips and seals and lay it on underneath.

All my new cars that I purchased have been done by him. The only car I didn't do was my Z06 since that car basically doesn't really have any metal (steel) on it. My Shelby gets done every year with a LIGHT coating underneath. Both of these cars are winter stored so not really necessary to go nuts on the spraying.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts