Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CX-3 is a 3 year old CBU from Japan. Recently I noticed this gap between the instrument cluster and the dashboard. Took it to our local Mazda dealership... they say it's normal? WTF! I'm wondering if this has happened to your CX-3 as well? And this CX-3 mostly parked indoors. I'm located in Malaysia. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
I use the windshield* sun screens to block off light in the summer, have tinted windows on the side and rear to reduce heat, and "rain guards" to allow air flow at all times and that still occurred in my car. Although mine has not gotten that big it seems to be a frequent and heat related issue. On the bright side it does not seem to have any negative long term effects(as far as I know) besides the fact it isnt a perfect joint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the windshield* sun screens to block off light in the summer, have tinted windows on the side and rear to reduce heat, and "rain guards" to allow air flow at all times and that still occurred in my car. Although mine has not gotten that big it seems to be a frequent and heat related issue. On the bright side it does not seem to have any negative long term effects(as far as I know) besides the fact it isnt a perfect joint.
Yes, of course, the gap doesn't cause any problems with the normal operation of the car. However, it's quite unacceptable that it should happen at all. If they sell the car in a hot climate country like mine, then they should have anticipated this problem and look for a solution to prevent it from happening. Telling me that this gap is normal doesn't cut it for me.... haha

Thanks again for your reply.

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts