Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally decided to tint my front windows, I just did 35% so it is not as dark as the back (Less tickets will come my way I hope) I also installed the Mazda window visor vents, I have always had these on my vehicles and I am really liking how low profile these ones are, they don't stick out far like the older ones. Another thing I did today was I found the Simonize "Back to black" compound and tried it on the black molding around the CX-3. I am sure I am not the only one that has noticed they dull down and turn kind of greyish after so many car washes. It turned out awesome!

Hope all of you are doing great! Been a while since I have posted again.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
RAMPANT I'm interested in your "I found the Simonize "Back to black" compound and tried it on the black molding around the CX-3" and as the pics show, "turned out awesome". I did my CX-3 with Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel (anchorman made me do it) and the result was also awesome. While at it, I also did the tires with Autoglym TYRE dressing (that's how THEY spell it). I'm happy with the result. Now, what I'm really interested in is, how long THEY last. Take tyre dressing, it's sooooo much easier to use a spray can of "tyre shine" (cheap) but, this only lasts a short time. I would be interested in what other members use AND, how long it lasts.

Oh, and to add what Autoglym claim:

Bumper & Trim Gel can also be used on rubber door seals in winter to prevent sticking in freezing weather.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Levi3xt It is the first time I have used it, I hope it lasts quite a while. I will try to keep monitoring it to see the longevity. I know @anchorman has os much knowledge and I have seen pictures of the hard work he does as a ritual to keep his CX-5 so clean!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Tlemon I think you will enjoy them. I know your climate is much nicer than ours in Canada haha, however I even love having my window open during our frozen months.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks awesome! I am thinking about doing the same thing! The wind deflectors give it a nice look.
The Side Window Deflectors are Mazda OEM DB4F-V3-700?

Look good ... they apppear to hug the windows. Are they less noisy than usual?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@mainemanx One thing I like is the fact they don't stick out as far on the vehicle like they used to. I find them to be less noisy, however I am sure that it will be one of those things that is subjective to each person.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks. But I may have to remove my roof rack crossbars ... on two counts:

1. In order to hear the visors.
2. Too many distractors ... not cool ;)

P.S. Crossbars come off tomorrow ...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like that alot. Looks great. Now, you're giving me ideas . . . . .

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Tlemon I am glad I could be of some sort of help. I am extremely glad I have gotten mine done, however Being in California you will be able to enjoy them much more than I do from November until February or so. I get to my Office when it is Dark and I leave when it is Dark. Your CX looks awesome, I really dig the rims! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts